Summer:

Today is the worst part of my life. It never happened to me ever. I handled many problems in my life, the day when my mom died, when people began to feel pity for me where all I wanted was to get loved by them.

But today is different. What happened today never happened in my life.

When I entered the school, everyone began to look at me weirdly. Some began to whisper to themselves. The moment I entered the school, everyone turned towards me for a moment. Some were trying their hard not to laugh.

I couldn’t get what I made them to control their laugh. I ignored their whispers and eyes and went straight to my locker. But when I was about to open my locker, I gasped at what it was written on it.

Written in black ink with large words were: This is a guy’s locker

Suddenly everyone beside me began to laugh.

“Hey…. See her face dude…. Or should I say…. See his face,” one of the guys with big muscles and tall was laughing at me. The others were following him.

“Hey, dude” One of the Barbie with blonde hair and short skirt, gave me an evil smile,” I never knew a small town girl… oops sorry a small town boy,” she laughed while her followers laughed along with her.

Tears began to form and I spilled it before the entire student body. They all kept on laughing at me while I stood their numb, looking confusing at them.

One question still hang in my head: why they all are laughing at me and why are they calling me a dude?

But soon I got my answers.

That Barbie girl pulled out something from her bag and shoved it over my face. I forced my eyes to see what it is. It’s a photo, photo of mine in a boy’s bathroom?

I looked shocked at that photo. What and how can this happen?

Before I could respond more, the bell rang and everyone dispersed from the corridor. I couldn’t move from my locker. They played a prank on me…. On my first day and I couldn’t do anything.

The finally bell brought my back to my senses and I ran to the bathroom. I looked at the mirror and saw myself, looking pale and tears strain on my face. I leaned back to the wall and slide down to the floor. I cried and cried.

Thing about it was that I was never been played plank and I don’t know how it feels when someone get bullied. But today, I can feel it. It hurts a lot when people around you laugh at you for some stupid reason that you never did.

I kept looking at the picture. How can anyone do that to me? Why do people here hate me? What is the harm I have done?

I looked at myself at the picture. I was yesterday’s dress and position was when I opened the wrong door for the detention room.

Someone did lead me to the wrong room and trapped me.

Stupid fellows…. I cursed under my breath. I dried my eyes and stood straight.

I won’t let this happen to me again. I won’t get weaken by this situation and I will find this person.

I looked at the mirror and cleared the tangled in my hair and sighed. I opened the bathroom’s door and met with a pair of green eyes, looking at me.

“Jess?” I looked at her.

“Summer, I am so sorry. Some one did played a prank on you. Are you alright?” her voice was filled with concern.

I nodded, from the corner of my eyes I saw Jay, stood far from us.

“You wanna talk about it?” she placed her hands on my shoulders. I shook my head.

“Okay, I think you can go to your class. I am sure no one is going to say anything to you now” she smiled at me and patted my shoulder. I looked at her with confusing eyes.

But she just smiled and went to Jay. They both left me at the corridor and entered their class. I looked at the time I knew I am late for my first class and too early for my next class.

Reluctantly I came out of the building and walked outside. The sun was playing hide and seek with the clouds and cool breeze was flowing around. I walked to the bench under the shades of the tree and sat there. I opened my biology book and scanned it.

Few minutes later, I smelled something, something strange and smoky. I looked around but couldn’t figure what it is?

I walked to the back of the building, since it is the last building of the school. Behind the school is usually a deserted place filled with huge trees. I was told that no student go into that. I took a deep breath and walked near to it.

It was then I saw them.

.........................................