Chapter Twelve

"You never told me how close I actually live to your house," I chuckle exiting my driveway, ready to confront Jungkook's unforgiving parents.

"You've been there before." He laughs at my surprised expression as I make a turn onto his street.

"Still." Rolling my eyes, I pull into the driveway of what used to be Jungkook's house. A single car still there signaling his parents were home. I'm about to climb out of my car until I feel a hand clasp around my wrist, pulling me back into the car.

"Dara, you don't have to do this. Let's-" Jungkook hesitates, and I raise an eyebrow. "Let's go back to your house and forget about my parents. Yeah?"

Scoffing aloud, I ripped my arm from Jungkook's grasp. "If you think I'm actually going to not confront you parents, then you must be crazy." I open the car door, waiting for Jungkook until he does as follows.

"But-"

"You know me better than that." I left Jungkook no room for objection as I marched right up to their front door, knocking on it firmly.

I almost stumble back when the door inmediately opens reavealing both of Jungkook's parents. Taking in their forms, they smiled at me kindly. Looking as if they were the sweetest parents in the entire world. My expression softened as the mother warmly said in choppy english, "What can I do for you?"

"Are you Mr and Mrs. Jeon?" My voice cracks, their aura making me shrink inside.

"That's us." Mr. Jeon chuckled, eyes shifting over to an unknown figure behind me. He lifts an angry finger in my direction. "We told you not to come back here."

I turn my head to see that Jungkook was now hovering next to me, cowering behind my back. I decided to interrupt the scene before Jungkook could get reprimanded any further. "We just wanted to come back to retrieve some of his-"

"I think you both need to leave." Mrs. Jeon smiled at me condescendingly, slowly beginning to shut the door in my face. Anger growing inside of me, I slammed my hand on the door, forcing it back open. Jungkook tugged at my shirt lightly, wanting to leave, but I swatted his hand away.

"All I want to do is get his stuff." I sucked in a breath, doing my best to control the suffocating feeling I was having.

"And who are you?" The father spoke directly to me, but not taking his eyes off his son.

"It doesn't matter who I am. I'm just a girl trying to help your son. Now if you don't mind-" I try making my way up another step until I see Mr. Jeon forcefully grab Jungkook's shoulder out the corner of my eye.

Before the situation could escalate, I took a leap by grabbing his father's arm, shoving it away from Jungkook as I sneered. "Don't you ever touch him. Jungkook go get in the car."

"Dara-" Jungkook wanted to protest.

"Just get in the car!" Jungkook did as told and scurried away into my car, leaving his parents befuddled. Even I was slightly shocked at the way I was acting when it came to protecting Jungkook.

Peering into their house while they were distracted glaring at Jungkook, I could catch of glimpse of two boxes sitting at the door. And just as suspected, they were each filled with Jungkook's clothing and paintings.

My voice caught in my throat, it was suddenly being raised. "You mean to tell me you were planning on getting rid of his stuff either way?"

"You don't understand. We just want him to learn." His mother tried a more gentle approach. I cross my arms, it wasn't flying with me.

"What is there to learn?"

"He doesn't understand that there are better things out there than art, or singing or-"

"Why can't you just accept what your son aspires to do?" I risk taking a step closer to them, the boxes almost within reach.

"You know what," Mr. Jeon steps up, picking up the boxes and throwing them into my own hands. I stumble backward, almost tripping in the process. "Just take them. Don't even bother coming back here. Both of you."

I quickly spin on my heel as the door slams shut behind me. I watch as Jungkook hops out of the car, almost running to me as he immediately takes the boxes from my hands, placing them kindly in the back seat for me.

Before I could get in the car, Jungkook ran around to my side, wrapping his arms around my waist in a large, thankful hug. He picked me up off the ground, swinging me around muttering thank you in my ear over and over again while I held his face in my hands.

Jungkook pressed a quick kiss to my cheek, running in the car not leaving me time think much of it. So I just ignored the immediate butterflies in my stomach as I climbed in next to him.

"I think you're just going to have to sing and paint around me more often." I sigh, allowing myself to relax in my seat.

"Why?" Jungkook chuckles, a large smile on his face as he turned in his seat to face me.

"Well if nobody else will accept it, then I will. Especially if your parents or the entertainment agency you told me about won't even hear you out."

"Let's get back to your place and celebrate freedom then." He suggests, and we were off.