Chapter Eleven

Yoongi opened up the back door of his car assisting Jungkook in climbing out. He was able to walk on his own, but with a subtle limp. Yoongi watched the boy in pain, deciding on throwing an arm around him for balance in a brotherly way.

I jogged over to the apartment door, struggling to get my keys and opening the door so the two could go in. Stepping aside, Yoongi sulked in and gently let Jungkook sit on the couch in my living room.

Jungkook sat, holding his side whilst in a daze. He was having a staring contest with the carpet floor. Since he was distracted, I pulled Yoongi into the kitchen while I had the chance. "Thank you," I stood on my toes, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He stumbled a bit, but hugged my back firmly, clinging to my shirt in worry of the boy.

"Do you need me to stay and make sure he's okay?"

I shook my head at his kind offer. I just wanted to be alone with Jungkook. I wanted to be the one there caring for him. Protecting his ethereal presence in my house.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," my lip quivered. "It's late and you should get some rest."

Yoongi smirked, ruffling my hair and whispering, "Make sure that Junglebook is okay." And he was out my door in a matter of a minute, giving Jungkook one last pat on his back and leaving the painting on the table.

"Dara-"

"Sh." I cooed to him, not wanting him to explain anything yet. "Let's get you cleaned up. I'll be right back." He nodded softly as I ran to the kitchen real quick, grabbing a first aid kit with some wet towels and bandages.

I placed a chair in front of Jungkook's position on the couch so I could get a better angle at his wounds. Taking a cool towel, I began to clean the blood smeared all over his dirty face being as gentle as I could. He flinched several times, but there was nothing I could do about the pain.

I ran the cool towel over one cut in particular, and he groaned in pain instinctively placing a hand over my own. I blushed down at him as he mumbled "Sorry."

Chuckling, I continued to be more careful as I moved down to his busted open knuckles from pummeling the dangerous men. "Don't be sorry. You took quite a beating." Putting ice over one hand, I wrapped it up in some fresh bandages.

"What about you?" Jungkook stared at my sodden face. "You have a huge scrape running along your face!" I flinch as Jungkook ran his cold fingers down the scrape. Starting at my cheek hollows all the way down to my mid neck, I shivered.

"I'm fine-"

"Give me that." Jungkook snatched the towel I was using, dabbing the cool water on my face. The pain was almost unbearable as I clung to his stained shirt, but it couldn't be nearly as bad as what Jungkook was feeling. Hand marks were still noticeable around his throat. I whimpered at the sight of it while letting Jungkook tend to me this time.

"You want to tell me what exactly just happened?" I finally push Jungkook's hand away, moving out of my chair and taking place next to him on the couch. Even managing to take back the wet towel, not finished with cleaning him up yet.

"I um..." He sighed, searching for the right answers. "Remember when I told you my parents didn't necessarily agree with my art desires?" His voice cracked at the mention of his parents.