Chapter 11: Welcome to Paris

Start from the beginning

"Harry, calm down, mate," Louis said as he placed a gentle hand on my arm.

"Well that is his mistake, because we called this meeting to tell him that he was to go to Paris with you, Harry. While you two were abroad, Louis, Liam and Zayn were going to do some interviews here in London."

"Why am I going to Paris?" I asked without any real interest, my anger slowly deflating.

"Same as the others; to do a few interviews. We already bought both tickets not knowing that Niall had run off to America, so you are welcome to choose someone to go with you."

"When would we have to leave?" I asked.

"Tomorrow afternoon," Joan answered.

"Okay, just email me what I need to know," I said as I stood up from my chair.

"Harry, this meeting isn't over," Ken said.

"I need to use the loo," I lied blatantly as I walked out of the door.

I didn't go back into the meeting after that. I felt exhausted and just wanted to go back to my flat and sleep, so I waited outside by Liam's car. They walked out of the tall building about fifteen minutes later with blank expressions on their faces.

"They aren't pleased with you now, either," Liam huffed as he unlocked his car doors.

"I figured as much," I shrugged my shoulders.

"So who are you going to take with you?" Zayn asked.

"I'm not sure," I answered in a monotone.

"They said you could take anyone you wanted," Louis told me. "Even a certain American girl who seems to be avoiding everyone."

I saw Liam shoot Louis a weird look but Louis just ignored him.

"Are you saying I should invite Emma to go to Paris with me?" I asked him, looking him in the eye.

"Yes, I am."

"Are you mental? She's avoiding me because she found out that I like her!" I nearly shouted as I climbed into the back of the vehicle. "What would she think if I took her to the 'city of love?'"

"That you love her?" Zayn said, sounding confused.

"Probably, yeah! So she'd turn me down. I can't handle any more rejection."

"How do you know that she would turn you down for sure? What if we had Anna talk to her about it first and try to convince her to go?" Louis suggested.

"No. I want it to be her decision. I want her to want to go, not feel like she has to go," I said shaking my head.

"I can understand that."

"Good, so can we just let it be then?"

"Sure, mate, but I still say that you should ask her," Louis said as he patted my knee before turning to look out the window on his side.

I let out a long sigh and did the same. Maybe Louis was right and that I should just ask her. If I do, should I talk to Anna first to see if Emma would say yes? That might be a good idea, it could save me an embarrassing talk with Emma, that's for sure. I think I will do that, and weigh out my chances.

When we got back to the flats I went to Niall's first hoping I could talk to Anna. Just my luck though, Emma answered  the door. She looked a little bit shocked to see me, but she was able to try and hide it pretty quickly.

"Hi Harry," she greeted me softly.

"Hi Emma, how are you?" I ask, staring into her mesmerizing blue eyes.