Chapter7:LMTYH

Chapter 7

I was in the middle of nowhere. I’m on the sidewalk with an empty road. There were trees lining the sidewalk that looked as if they could be the start of a forest.

God where the fuck am I? I patted my body to look for my phone.

Where is this shit?

I just realized that I'm wearing a dress. A white long dress made of lace and some other material. I don't own something like this.

What the fuck happened?

But what brought me to the edge was the red stains on the bottom of my dress.I bent down to examine it ...sheesh in a normal night I would never have the courage to do that, but I felt very curious , so this was an exceptional case. "Yes that's blood." My head shot up.

Finally spotting the figure standing behind the trees across the road. I couldn't tell his features. All I could tell was that he was a man. My body flinched as goose bumps spread over my spine.

"I hope she's okay." A feminine voice broke the intensity of my shivers.

Mom?

Fire. . . My dress. . .fire

"Yeah well, she better have a good explanation for being out of school while we were away."

Dad?

"You know she's a good student! A very good girl."

My eyes fluttered open but this time, It wasn’t  pitch black and I laid on a soft cushion.I spot the rays from my curtain.

It's your room.

"Mia honey we are back." Mom's feminine voice crashed my ears sending a jolt of happiness through my body. It was a nightmare.There’s no blood, no voices, and peace.

I signed all the feelings away. I feel nothing.

. . . . . .

"Good morning." Mom spoke with an angelic voice, as I headed down the stairs.

In case you're wondering; they were pretty mad about the ditching. I wasn't grounded though. As soon as I told Mom about me and Ryan a rush of sympathy hit her. Ryan and I have been together for three years. No wonder I was hurt. My mom thought and decided that taking a break from school was one of the best thing I've done.  Dad on the other didn’t buy it he was furious but couldn't tell mom anything.

Ryan didn't call  and I didn't see him. He's probably moved on. Kate didn't call either. Which really hurt me but I couldn’t blame her I was super harsh to her. She's probably moved on too. Yet I keep having that dream where I'm the middle of the road. Every time it's like the first time; the rush of fear rushes all through me and I would always wake up as my dress would light on fire.

And on that day I stopped the drinking and the smoking. I stopped all of it. I just hated that look when they look at me. Everyone just looked at me like a pathetic creature that's not cut out for anything.

I can hear them, "Poor thing. . ."

"Lame teenagers thinking that break-ups are the end of the world." I feel nothing.

"Good morning Mom."  I called back. Everything is going to be great. No hangover pain, not feeling sleepy, I'm Good.

"So you want me to drive you to school sweetheart?"

God I loved her. It's like she's radiating pure love and I love it.

"Please." I said.

. . . . . .

Classes were great.  I'm finally managing this whole thing. I spot Lexi in some class. She doesn't even look back to say ‘hi’.

Shit Mia what have you done !?

And there was Nick. His blue orbs looking for something. Yup it's your fault that I'm at the ground pleading for some care. "Piece of shit." I breathed. Finally Ryan, his melodic laughter took over the halls  and my heart felt like it’s  being  ripped out of its place; shredding into bits. I held my breath and ran to the nearest exit.

God where's mom? I need to leave now!

 ........

Hope you like it xoxo-Dana