Chapter 3:LMTYH

Chapter 3

"I just don't feel like-" I cut myself off, not sure how to put my thoughts into words correctly. "I don't know what to do anymore. I'm lost-"

I was cut off again, but this time, not by my own doing. A shrill ringing filled the air in the car as Ryan lifted his phone out of his pocket.

He glanced at the caller I.D. and smiled. Flipping it open, he pressed his phone to his ear. "Nick! What's up, man?" he practically shouted.

I sighed and looked out the window. I seemed to remember that in the beginning of our relationship, he would always listen to me whenever I needed to talk. He was sweet and caring. He would comfort me when I cried, stay with me when my fear threatened by my yesterday ... he touch was full of love ..

But, as you can see, it wasn't like that anymore. He was still sweet and caring, but he always found another reason not to listen to me. Everything is different now...

Sometimes I felt like the only reason we were still together is simply because it would be inconvenient not to be. Besides he was the only person who got a gleams of last spring ...

God when will I ever forget !

After a few moments of 'boy speak' with his best friend on the phone, Ryan seemed to notice my presence.

"Hold on a second, Nick," he mumbled into the phone and turned it away from his mouth as he looked at me expectantly. "What were you saying, babe?" he asked.