Chapter 2

MAGIC'S POV

"Hey Dy, so Nick said to-" I paused once I seen Dymond wasn't alone. I watched Raye step from behind her smiling."Hey" I softly whispered. She smiled back at me with a cute quirky wave "Hey Trey".

Memories flooded back to high school when me and Raye were an item. Deep down I still got love for the girl, I feel like if she didn't go to college out of state we would've never been separated. I try time and time to move on I even stopped talking to her and got a new girlfriend because I didn't think we would ever live in the same city again, and just when I almost moved on she came crawling back to my life not even knowing what she was doing. But I hold my guard because I don't know how she feels.

"TREY!'' Dymond said clapping her hands in my face smirking, I brushed my daze off and began speaking "Oh yeah, Nick said to meet him in the office with the owner of the arena like now''

Dymond looked at Raye and Raye told her "Works calling I'll be fine".

I walked down with Dymond as she nudged me, I lightly nudged her back "What?" she smiled "I seen that". I crossed my eyes at her "seen what?" I asked another question. "I won't say  no more" she pretended to zip her mouth shut, I chuckled at her shaking my head "That's fine with me, you talk to much anyway''. She slapped the back of my head and I laughed then opened the door to the head office. "You asked for us sir?"

"Yes, sit we need to talk" Nick said. Me and Dy both sat down in the chairs with worry. "You guys know it's your job to Hype the crowd up when the pre show comes on" me and Dy nodded. "Well, we have some guys from a different radio show hyping up with you. Brian and Nicole from 86.1 hottest dish"

"Yo that's bullshit'' I raised my voice as Dymond eyes widen. "Really me and Mr. Lewinski thought the idea was spectacular"

"So now we have to split our fucking checks in half with some other radio host that's fucking competition also" Dymond said with fury. "I understand you guys frustration but think about how much money you'll earn back with all the interviews asking about how you two rivals came together as one".

"This shit is dumb, what is next? Nick you're gonna lay us off for them is that next?" Dymond said sitting up but I grabbed her shoulder consoling her. "Who came up with this whack ass idea anyway"

"We would never lay you guys off, but we are planning on bringing you all on one radio show" Mr. Lewinski said like he knows what he's talking about. "Why? People love the rival? People love changing the station to another  station while the other is on commercial THEY LOVE THE RIVALRY'' Dymond said.

''But, then everyone will be watching that one station and more money will be brought to the table for all five of us"

"Five?" I questioned, "Yes, Me, you, Dymond, Brian, and Nicole. Their boss got fired sexual abuse to one of the cleaning ladies it's a sob story''.

''You were waiting on this opportunity all along weren't you?" Dymond asked, Nick smiled "maybe....maybe not''

There was a knock on the door interrupting our convo. "Come in" Mr. Lewinski spoke out. Brian and Nicole walked in all perky. Me and Dymond both groaned at their presence. "Brian! Nicole! Just in time" Nick said smiling.

''We're not interrupting something right?" Nicole said, I scoffed at her comment "Why would he say just in time then?" Dymond mumbled under her breath. "Pardon?'' Nicole asked, Dy turned her head facing the door so Nicole could hear her. "I said, why would he say just in time if you interrupting anything smart ass"

"Look I don't know what your problem is but I just hope it get solved real quick before I-" She cut Nicole off "Before you what?" Dymond stood up "What you gon do?" Nicole scowled at her and after a couple of seconds of them staring at each other, Nick put a hand on Dymond's shoulder. "Please girls calm down whatever beef you guys have it needs to be squashed".

Dymond chuckled looking at Me as I shook my head. "Man I'm gone'' Dy said walking out of Mr. Lewinski's office and making sure She bumped Nicole on my way out. "Man you mad smart Nick" I said leaving and walking to my dressing room.

Dymond POV

Soon I felt footsteps behind me which I knew were Trey's. "What?" I said turning around to a unexpected face "Brian?"

"Look the beef you have with Nicole I understand, but please don't let it interfere with your job she means no harm anymore that was 6 months ago, it was all for publicity" he said with sincerity in his eyes. "Man, fuck that publicity my ass. Money ain't that serious to ruin someone damn life" I rolled my eyes turning back around to walk but Brian grabbed my arm. "Look, Dymond can you please let it go. I was pissed to, we made a promise to not do it, but she did it anyway. But her intentions were sincere" I crossed my eyes at this dumb ass fool. "They were sincere?" I chuckled "How?"

Brian remained silent and I nodded my head "Exactly, even you can't explain that shit". I roughly snatched my hand out of his grasp and turned around and began walking. "Her sister had cancer. The bills were piling up and she was beginning to not be able to pay them off.''

"So, her sister has cancer and that's why she told everyone that I was sexually harassing little kids?and that Raye my sister was suffering from brain cancer. Sounds like a lot of damn bull shit to me considering Raye is fine" I started, "how can you make up a rumor about some one like that? Those are some serious sicknesses that real people suffer from, then to do that when your sister is going through that? Man if I was her sister I wouldn't even want her to pay for my therapy'' I finished.

"How do you even know if she's not lying about that? People will do anything to look innocent don't you know that?" I said still not believing the story. ''Because the look in her eyes" He responded. I sighed wanting this conversation to be over "Look if that's true than I'm sorry for her sister, but not once has Nicole tell me sorry face to face only over the radio, she has never called, text, or dm'ed me. Never made an effort to show she meant no harm. But look I want to calm down in my room so I can chill and act like everything is cool so I don't punch this hoe in the throat and lose my job" I began walking again with no interruptions.

*********
I opened my door and seen Raye talking to some man, "Oh there goes my sister now" She said smiling, "Wow you wasn't lying when you said she was beautiful" He said to Raye, "Why you look so grumpy ma'? Lighten up for me" He said. "Hey Raye'' I said ignoring the boy in the room.

There was a slight chuckle "oh it's like that huh'", I rolled my eyes not in the mood for this I needed some time to process what just happened. "Dy what's wrong?" Raye said with a concerned look. I shook my head looking over at the boy. He stood up once he seen me glance at him "well, I'ma head out nice meeting you Raye" he said nudging her. "Yes, of course" Raye gave him a side hug and whispered something in his ear. He left and I started telling Raye the story of what happened.

"Why would they tell you guys right before a gig like that would make you guys happier." Raye said, "and plus that's gonna mess up your money for like a month." I nodded my head "the only bright side is those bitches coming will probably raise our checks" I said trying to lighten the situation. Raye nodded her head, "I'm honestly over it, I mean Nicole still hasn't apologized to me and the whole situation is just sick, but if this is what Nick wants then so be it. I need my job" I chuckled trying to bring light to the situation.

"Mhm" Raye started "well you have a show tonight let's see how this goes if she does anything smart let me know I'll knock her out on stage"

"Shut up and let's go before I lose my job" I laughed as we both left my dressing room.

****
So this was another filler, and a slight introduction of meeting Bryson. I think I'm gonna upload another chapter tomorrow.

Please, share this book with your friends. Thanks so much for reading and checking out!