21

Alex Hunt•

Luke drives all the way to where prom is this year. The whole time, I feel terrible about my university choices. There's nothing i can do honestly, I'm sorry but I want a successful life. I hope Luke can understand that. Those are the schools I want to go to. I'm going to go. I love Luke and all but this  will benefit me. I mean we could still date and all. It would be harder but it would work.

We finally arrive after a silent ride. He holds my hand as we walk into the venue.

"Alex! Luke!"

Then here comes the one girl who like really really likes Luke. Like will have no problem taking him from me. Skylar. She's kinda pretty. Her nose is really messed up though. Like not being rude or anything but it's like legitimately crooked.

"Hey Luke." She says as she walks up to us.

"Um hi Sky."

"Sky? You called me Sky? That's cute!"

I uncomfortably clear my throat. She looks at me like I just ruined her life.

"Um well Luke I guess I'll go and find people."

"Oh um okay I'll be right there Alex."

He kisses me and I leave. I walk to the parking lot and I hear giggling. I know where Ash is.

"Ashton ."

"Alex!"

Ash has been one of my best friends. The most understanding and caring person I've probably ever met. I think I want to talk to him about uni.

"Hey Ash, can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah sure. Hey what's wrong."

I start crying. I don't know why but I do.

"Hey look it's okay. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not too bad."

"It's pretty bad Ash. I don't know what to do."

"Here, tell me and we will work through it together. "

He leads me over to a planter near the entrance.

"So, what seems to be the problem?"

"Well I'm going to university as you probably knew."

"Yeah of course. Look it'll be fine. We will be here for you with whatever you need."

"No you won't."

"What makes you think that? I'll always be there for you."

"No you won't. You won't because I'm leaving. I'm moving to America."

"What?" He says loudly. "Your leaving. Your leaving all your friends and family. Your leaving everything you have here? Did you even think of any of us or your dad?"

"Ashton stop."

"You know, this seems kinda selfish."

"How?" I yell, tears falling down my face more than before. "How is this selfish? I'm looking out for me. My life doesn't revolve around my friends. I can just make more in America. Last time I checked, it wasn't selfish to think about your self and your future. I can't mold my life around a group of friends I met in high school who probably won't even remember me in 3 years anyways."

"Alex. Stop. You know i will always care about you. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I know I was wrong, but you have to understand what I mean."

"I do understand Ashton. That's why I'm talking to you."

"So who knows your leaving?"

"Literally just you."

"You haven't told Luke yet?"

"Well, no. I feel guilty. He asked me not to leave him. I don't want to but I have to."

"You need to tell him tomorrow. Alex, I love you but if you don't, I will."

"How should I tell him though?"

Then I see Luke walking towards us.

"Look Ash I will I promise. I just hope it isn't too bad."

"Look, it shouldn't be. I need to tell you something too. Luke probably kept something from you."

"Hey guys." Luke says very happily.

My Luke. I love Luke. I don't want to leave him. He's probably the best thing that's happened to me. He's always happy. Happy to see me. Happy to see his friends. Happy to see his family. And happy to see his fans.

I've never been happy. I've always had something go wrong in my life. No one really liked me because I was always smarter and more athletic. I wouldn't really put any time into knowing anyone. It was always soccer and school. I didn't make myself happy. No one made me happy. I've never felt happiness until I met Luke. I've never trusted anyone until I met Luke.

I love Luke.

I love Luke.

This plays in my head over and over again. I don't know if I should leave. Although I know I have too, it's nice to think of what would happen if I stayed. Everyone would stay happy. Luke would be happy. The boys would be happy. Rose would be happy. My dad would be happy.

I wouldn't be happy.

I wouldn't have want I always wanted.

As a little girl, I always saw myself as a big time artist living in New York. I would be the best. My apartment would be beautiful. Although i have always seen it as messy, I would still love it. The walls would be covered in random pieces of art I would have drawn earlier in the week. There would be supplies and papers all over the floor. Sometimes, I would see baby toys all around  the house. A little baby in its bed. A husband at work. I've always wanted it to be perfect. The way my life never was.

If I would stay in Australia, my life wouldn't be how I would always imagine it. I would be doing terrible. I wouldn't have anything I ever wanted. I have to leave.

"Alex! Let's go!" Luke grabs my hand and pulls me to the entrance. We enter and it looks great. Silver, white, and gold decorations fill this huge room. Thousands of kids dancing and talking at tables. We all sit down at a table and talk for a little while.

A few dances and a lot of time later, prom is pretty much over. Just one more thing left. Prom king and queen.

"Hello everyone, I have some exciting news to deliver. Can all of the lovely couples of the prom court come up with me."

Luke, Michael, Rose, and I walk up to the stage along with two other couples. I know that Rose is going to win. I voted for her so many times. I asked all my friends and all the sports teams to vote for her. She deserves it the most. She's the only one who put everything she had into it. She deserves this.

"And the prom king and queen are..... Rose and Michael!!"

Rose looks at me with such excitement while Michael laughs at how happy she is. She hugs me so tightly I'm not too sure how I was able to breath. They get their tiara and crowns, and everyone walks off stage. It's getting late and I wanted to stop by my dads house so he could see us on prom day. I know he's always looked forward to this.

"Hey Luke, can we go to my dads house for literally like a minute? Then can we just go home? I think I feel a little sick."

"Sure, whatever you want love."

We say bye to everyone and leave. The car ride is another silent one. We get to my dads house where we talk for a little bit and he talks pictures of us together. We drive home right after.

Once I replaced my dress with pajamas, and I removed my makeup, I lay down next to Luke who has  his eyes shut. I finally shut my eyes when I hear Luke say something.

"Your the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

I smile, but I feel tears streaming down my face.

•••••••••
Well that was emotional. Next chapter is in Luke's perspective. Thanks for reading! 💕