2

Alex Hunt
I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm reminding me that I have to get to school. I wake up and take a shower. The shower lasts a good amount of time. Enough time for me to properly wake up. Next, I go through my normal everyday makeup routine. After, I find some clothes. Some maroon skinny jeans and a black flowly shirt will do. I put those on with black ballet shoes. Next, I put on a long gold necklace with a gold tassle on the end. Next, I brush through my hair and curl the ends lightly. Lastly, I put on my glasses.
I need to gather up all of my school supplies laying around from yesterday. I grab my black Jansport backpack and put my binder, my notebooks, my pencils and highlighters, my makeup, and gum. After I'm done, I walk downstairs to get something to eat. I never usually eat, but I have some time. I sit at the dinner table with strawberry yogurt. My favorite.
"Good morning."
"Morning mum."
She goes on to making her cup of coffee while it sit there scrolling through instagram.
"Did you go to Roses house after practice yesterday?"
"Um yeah I did. We went to dinner with her boyfriend and his friends."
"You are spending a lot of time over there. You better have immaculate grades."
"Yes mum."
"Imnjust making sure you understand."
"Oh I understand when you tell me every single day."
"Speaking of telling you every single day, hows applying to colleges going? I trust your doing that right?"
"Yes. Its fine. I applyed to schools in the US too."
"Like your brother did?"
"Yeah."
"Oh. I guess I'm going to maybe have two kids in America instead of Australia now."
"Maybe, besides mum we've lived here my whole life. 18 years."
"We havent lived here specifically. You know in Sydney."
"No, but we lived in Perth."
"Yes of course, you were born there."
"I know. Look, I have to go. Oh and I have practice after school. And I might be with Rose fter practice too. Bye."
Before she could say anything else, I kiss her cheek and leave. I'm always being held to the same standards as my brother. I'm not like him though. I can't get straight A+s, she expects me to have that. I have straight As of course plus I play soccer on top of all of that. I mean i even learned how to drive much faster than my brother did. He learned at 18. I learned at 16. So, we are about equal.
I check and make sure I have my soccer bag in my car and drive to school. I honestly don't like school but get I only have about 1 month of my senior year left. I should be finding out what college im going to in about a month or so. I'm really excited for that. I arrive at school and prepare from long boring classes. At lunch, I meet up with Rose.
"Hey Rose."
"What's up Alexandra?"
"Don't use my full name, its too long and I don't really like it."
"I know I know."
We continue talking for a while until we are interrupted.
"Hey Alex."
"Hi Luke, I didn't know you went here."
"Yeah, surprise." He says laughing a little.
I take a minute to look around because I feel like everyone is looking at us. I see all the girls swooning over our little Lukey.
"Luke, it looks like your pretty big with the ladies."
"Oh yeah of course."
He winks and tries to lean on the table. Of course, he spills Roses water all over the table.
"Real smooth."
"I know right. Anyways, I don't know why they do that. Its not like I'm attractive or anything."
"I don't know." Is all I say. I mean I'm not going to lie but Luke is like really cute. He has perfect blonde hair. Bright blue eyes that can lighten anyone's day. A lip ring that suits him perfectly. Really tall. Perfect face. Cute nose. I mean what's not to like. I get all these girls. But hey, Luke will ever only be my friend and I think I'm okay with that. Maybe.
"Oh hey guys before I go, we are going to be late to the beach. We have band practice today."
"Yeah, me too."
"Why will you be late Alex?"
"Well, because I have soccer today Luke."
"I didn't know you played."
"Well now ya know."
"Yeah, well I've got to go. See you guys later."
"Bye."
He winks at me and leaves.
"I think he likes you."
"I really don't think so."
"We'll see."
The bell rings and we separate to different classes. My next 2 classes go by super slow and I'm like falling asleep in each. Finally it is 6th period. Sports. At my school, if you have a sport it gets counted as a class period. You practice/play through that period and after school. I like it. I head to the girls locker room to change. The soccer team don't have lockers but we still use the locker room to change. I don't like it though, because we have to hold all of our equipment during the day. I quickly change in my schools soccer uniform and head out to the field. We mostly practice passing and scoring as well as running 5 miles. It was actually pretty easy today. (A.n. my school literally makes us run like 7 miles for soccer so 5 isn't outrageous.)
The practice runs about an hour after school and I know Rose will be waiting impatiently for me at her house. I keep my uniform and my cleats on while I drive to Roses as fast as possible. I finally arrive and I walk up to her door. I enter and find 4 boys and Rose all in swim suits waiting for me.
"Uh hey guys."
"Alex, your all sweaty and your getting grass in my house."
I look down at my clothes to see that I have grass and dirt all over me.
"Sorry Rose."
"You play soccer Alex?"
"Yeah."
"Cool, I did too."
"Nice Ashton."
"Well, take that messed up ponytail out of your hair, wipe the dirt off of your cheek, change into your bikini."
"Sure, but just let me sit down for a minute. I just ran."
"7 miles today?"
"No 5, thank goodness."
"Was coach Bias feeling nice today?"
"Maybe. Oh and I knida forgot my swim suit."
"I know you did. That's why I got you one."
"Thanks Rose."
"No problem. Go change."
I get up and take my cleats off. Next, I go into the bathroom to change. I have dirt all over my cheek. I have a lot of work to do. First, I clean my cheek and take my hair down. Next, I brush my long tangled hair so its soft. Next, I pit on the bikini Rose picked. It is black with lace fringe on the top. Not bad. It fits me perfectly but today I feel so self conscious. I brush that feeling aside and put my hair into a messy bun. The thought of me being a little too big for this bikini comes back into my mind. I grab my phone and text Rose.
Best friend
Hey can you help me tie this please
Xx
Within one minute, I hear a knock on my door. I open the door and she walks in.
"I'm too fat for bikinis."
"Are you actually kidding me? You are like perfect for them. Your skinny but like not too skinny. You have the perfect bikini body. I would die to look like you."
"I don't think so."
"Trust me, and I think little Lukey out there will agree with me." She winks and I laugh.
"Right."
"Turn around I'll actually tie it now."
She ties my bikini and also gives me one of Micheals shirts he gave her. I really don't like wearing his clothes but hey whatever I guess. We walk out of the bathroom and meet up with the boys. I try to pull Mikey's shirt down because it goes down to my upper thigh. It doesn't work so I just leave it.
"We can leave now."
I grab my glasses and put them on. I look like such a nerd with them on. We have two cars because there are too many of us.
"Alright, I'll take Mikey, Cal, and Ash. Luke can take Alex."
"Great Rose. Great.
I get in the car with him and think about the drive ahead of me.