What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger: Chapter 11

•One week before the wedding•

I woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking. I quick put on my slippers and threw on my purple robe. I ran downstairs to find my mom at the stove. I looked over at the table and saw a plate with two pieces of french toast, an egg, and a pile of fried potatoes. Next to it, was a glass of orange juice. I went over to my mom and gave her a hug, said thanks, and sat down to eat. When I was done, I put my dishes in the sink, and ran upstairs to get dressed. I put on a cute red top with a flower just below my shoulder. I found a cute pair of jeans and put them on too. I ran back downstairs and told my mom I was going to Alice's house.

When I arived at her house, I went up tobher door and rung the door bell. I heard some one yell, "I got it!" And Alice's older brother Matt answered the door.

"Oh hey, Matt. Is Alice home?"

"Yeah. She is in her room. I can go get her if ya want."

"No, no. That's fine. I can go to her room."

He let me in his house, and walked down the hall to Chrissy's room. He room used to be upstairs, but because of the accident, her and Matt had to switch rooms. As I walked into her room, I found her at her desk on her lap top.

"Hey Alice!"

She turned around.

"Oh! Hey Layla! Come on in.. Are ya gettin nervous?! Only one more week until you with be Mrs. Williams!!!" She said with a giggle.

"I am actually getting pretty nervous. But I really have nothing to worry about. All the planning is done and everything is going to be perfect!" I said as I sat on her bed.

"Haha. I guess your right. And your are going to look absolutely GORGEOUS!!"

"Aw! Thanks Alice!" I said with a blush.

We continued talking about the wedding. I glanced at the clock and noticed three hous have passed. I told her I had to go now. I gave her a hug and left.

Once I got home I looked for a movie to watch. I found a movie, and remembered that Jake loves this movie. So I called him to see if he wanted to come over. He said he would. So I went into the kitchen and made popcorn, waiting for him to come.

When he arrived, I met him at the door. I opend the door and lept into his arms.

"Only one more week!!!!" I said excitedly.

"I know! I am so excited!" He said as he swung me around giving me a kiss on the fore head.

We headed inside to watch the movie. I grabbed the popcorn and got to cans of root beer. I went into the living room. I sat next to the love of my life and started the movie.

I fell asleep (like usual..). But when I woke up, I wasn't in bed. I was still on the couch curled up on Jake. I looked up at him. He was asleep too. I looked at his face for a long while.

"Your so cute." I said aloud. He started to wake up.

"Hmm?" He asked sleepily.

"Oh nothing..I was just saying how cute you are." I said with a grin.

"Oh. Haha. Your pretty cute yourself." Hi said giving my a kiss on the cheek.

We both got up and cleaned up our snacks. Jake went home and I walked up the stairs and into my room. I put on my pj's and put my hair into a messy bun. I crawled into bed, and fell asleep.