What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger: Chapter 7

I turned around and my heart skipped a beat. As our eye's met, all I could do was stand in surprise. Then, all at once, I lept into his arms and started crying. I stood there crying, wondering if people were staring. But I didn't really care. "Jake. I've missed you so much." I said barely ebove a wisper. He stood there stroking me head and said. "I've missed tou too, Layal. More than you will ever know."

We stood there for quite some time in eachothers arms, savoeing the moment. Untill it hit me. He isn't sopost to back for another couple months. "How..how are you here? I thought it was going to take a year to treat you." I looked up at him.

Oh, how I've missed that face.

"Thats what we all though, but two weeks ago they descovered I am now cancer free." He said with a smile.

Oh, how I've missed that smile.

"That's amazing! why didn't you tell me all this when we skyped last?" I asked. "Oh. Yeah. I wanted it to be a surprise." He laughed.

Oh, how I've missed that laugh.

He went in and gave me another long hug.

Oh, how I've missed that hug.

It felt good to be in his arms again. Just to be with him makes me happy. I don't know how I lasted this long with out him.

Once we were done with our second long hug I turned around and saw Grace and Alice giggling. I turned back to Jake. "Does my parents know you are here?" I asked with a smile. "Oh yeah. They do. I showed up at your house, planning on surprising you there, but once your mother was done hugging me and crying about me being back, she told me you came here with your friends. My parents are tat your house talking with your parents right now." He said. "Well, we might as well go back to my place. I wanna say hi to your parents." I said as i turned to Grace and Chrisy. "You guys wanna come over?" I asked. "No, thats all right. I will take Alice home and then go to my house. i dont want to...intude." Grace said witvh a giggle. "Well. alright then. If thats what you want." I said as me and Jake left.

As we drove home, we talked about what it was like qhere he was. "It was pretty nice there. I made a couple friends that lived on my block. It was nice, but i am so happy to be back." He said glancing at me with a big grin.

Once we got to my house, we went in side. We found the adults and said our hi's and had a big hug fest. After that was done, me and Jake went outside. We talk for about an hour or so on a glider we have on our padio.

The next thing i know, Jake is carryong me up to my room. "Did I fall asleep?" I asked with a yawn. "Yeah ya did. But thats ok, i am leaving now anyways." He said as he layed me down on my bed. "Goodnight" He said. Then he kissed me.

Oh, how I've missed that kiss.