What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger: Chapter 8

At lunch at school on Monday, Grace and Alice asked how it was with Jake. "It was wonderfull. I am so glad he is back. We talked for hours under the stars. It was great. I forgot how good it was to talk to him." I told them with a big smile.

______________

When I got hom from school, I noticed I had a message on my phone. I hit the botton to listen to it.

"Hey Layla, I was wondering if ya wanted to grab a bite to eat tonight? Call me back when you get this."

I dialed his number and waited for an answer. "Hello?" He said as he answered.

"Hey Jake. I would love to grab a bite to eat tonight!"

"Awesome! I'll pick you up...let's say, 5:00?"

"Sounds good! See ya then!"

"Ok. See ya then. Love you.

He hung up, as did I. Ahhh. Just those worlds make my heart flutter. It is so good to have him back.

I started tooking for something to where. I lloked through my dressing, and found to perfect one. It was a red dress, that came just above my knees. It was strapless and had little gems around the neck line. It was tight fitted intil just above my belly botton, then the rest was wavy and ruffled. It's perfect!

I put on some make up and did my hair. I looked at my reflection in the merrour. Satisfied, I slipped on some red sandles and waited for him to arrive. 

_______________

I heard a nock at the front door and ran to answer. I opend it and saw Jake in a suit and tie. He is so gorgeous.

"See ya mom! I'll be back around ten! Love you." I yelled as we walked out the door to his car. He opend the door for me, and I slipped in the passenger seet. He shut my door and walked to his side and hopped in.

"So where would you like to eat? We can go anywhere you want." He asked.

"Hmmm. I haven't been to Red Lobster in a while. why don't we go there." I said with a smile, showing off my pearly whites.

I clicked the radio on, looking for a channel i wanted. I stopped when I heard our favorite song, Fireflies. It is kinda of an old song, but we both love it. We looked at eachother and started to sing along. He is actually a really good singer. He is always telling me I'm good. But i don't think so.

We arrived at Red Lobster and got seated. We ordered our food, and chatted for a while before it came.

Once we were done eating he drove me home. We pulled into my drive way. I turned to him.

"Thanks for an amazing time time" I said to him going in for a kiss. I got out off the car and he drove away. I walked into my house, and up to my room. I got into my pj's and hopped into bed. I layed there thinking about how amazing Jake is until i fell asleep.