I wanted to cry, give up and just die. But that single thought forced me to try and move my foot.

Alex.

I pulled my foot free, my head breaking the water as a thin layer of ice began to reform. I heard shouting and yells of panic. I couldn't understand as I was being pulled from the water.

"Her name is Charlia Evans. Sixteen. Emergency contact is her care worker."

"Do we know what happened?"

"No, no one saw anything. It was only when the woman heard the splash did she yell for help."

"What temperature was the water?"

"Enough to mask the pain of her breaking her ankle."

"What?!"

"See here, it's swollen and the bone is sticking out. Her foot most likely got caught and as she was being pulled free, the bone must have snapped.

"Am I dying?" The words fell from my lips and I suddenly became aware of how cold I was and how much pain I was in. I was convulsing from my shivers I was that cold.

"No sweetheart. You're alive and we're taking you to the hospital. But you have got to stay awake. We want you to tell us what happened."

"Did no one see them?" I questioned in a confused state. Surely someone would have seen them running in the opposite direction.

"No they didn't. Wait, see who?" I couldn't remember what else she said. All I could remember was people shouting as the black spots danced in front of my vision and I simply succumbed, not bothering to fight it any longer.

I was tired of fighting.

I just wanted it all to end.

February 10th

ALEX

Without Charlia, I felt empty. Like someone had taken my own little bubble of happiness away. The guys noticed how much it was affecting me, but didn't comment on it.

We were meant to be corresponding via letters. She was following the tour around so that she could send the letters to the right places. But it had been two weeks since I last heard from her. Two whole weeks. Sure she's missed a few days sometimes, but two weeks? That sent the alarm bells ringing in my head.

Before our last show, I begged Matt to get in contact with Rosie, find out what was happening. It helped me be a bit more focused knowing that he was getting answers.

We played the show and once the encore had finished, we were greeted to see Matt in the dressing room with red eyes.

"She's in hospital." He didn't even have to say her name. My stomach dropped as my knees went weak. I was quick to sit down as my stomach turned over and my head fell into my hands.

"She-she was pushed. Into-into a frozen canal. She nearly died two nights ago from hypothermia." My stomach couldn't take it. I couldn't throw anything up because I hadn't eaten. But the feeling was there. I wanted to cry, yell, shout at Matt and tell him that he was lying. But the look in his face said it all. Charlia was like a long lost sister for him. She's someone who loves Disney so much who didn't question him.

We were silent. Matt had left the room to presumably tell fans that we weren't going to be signing. I don't know what excuse he used, but half an hour later, he had returned with a distraught looking guy. It took me a second to realise that it was Jake.

He looked a complete wreck.

I didn't even hesitate for him to speak. I simply pulled him into a hug and he broke down. That girl was clearly his life and everything he stood for. A love like that is something so pure, that it reminded me of a twin bond.

Pen Pal Project [Alex Gaskarth]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें