Chapter 1

rons pov ;

"ron! they're here!" my mom called me downstairs to meet the new group that have arrived to alexandria. I was excited for their arrival but, not for more dying. before this group had arrived, we had other groups join. some raided us of our whole supply, and some just got killed and eaten by the monsters.

Aaron had gotten back about 2 weeks ago telling us what happened when he offered alexandria to this group. their leader, "rick" had punched him and tied him up. as awful as that sounds, that gives me hope for this group. they're protective. they don't 'mess around'. hopefully they can change alexandria in the defense zone. none of us know how to even shoot a gun, although we have millions of them.

Everyone from alexandria stood outside of their houses as the new group walked down the streets to 'examine'. they were disgusting. they look like they went to hell and back .. then went back and ended up here. they had dirt all over them and some of them had blood on their forehead, but it wasn't theirs. somehow I felt safe yet threatened by them. There was a man with a beard, and he looked like he hasnt showered in 5 months. but, he was holding a baby. a spark just flew in my heart after seeing that baby. i haven't seen a baby since it all happened. maybe if they get more comfortable with us they'll let me hold it. There was also a boy about my age standing next to him. he had a sheriff's hat on and his face looked so curious and hopeful. maybe later ill ask him if he wants to hang with me , mikey , and enid.

a few hours later, all the new group made theirselves comfortable and found their new houses, probably showering , hopefully. i remembered, the boy i saw. i went down stairs and saw my mom and decided to ask her which house he was in

" hey ron "
" uh, mom, have you seen a boy about my age go in a house today? if so which one? "
" oh, carl? he's ricks son. hes 2 houses down from us . why dont you go talk to him and be friends with him since he has no friends his age. "
" thats what my intentions were, mom. "
" okay ron, go but get home before dad gets home. you know he doesn't like it when we're gone. "

i walked down 2 houses down and knocked on his door. i see the door open slowly with him putting his hat back on. our eyes locked. something clicked. i was at a loss of words.

AN; this story will pick up i swear lmao its going rly slow but its like backstory & yeah