Chapter 7

Carls pov:

Ron had just left to go ask his mom if he can spend the night with me, but I still have to ask my dad and I am not sure how he's going to react. Of course he wants me to make friends, but we are all still on edge and adjusting. But I mean, how dangerous could a boy my age be? especially when he is totally harmless and has been protected by these walls.

I start setting up the gaming console when I remember how weird this just is. It's so hard to believe that we were fighting for our lives and going hungry out there for so long while they had game consoles, school, showers, everything. It's like I'm holding a grudge, but all I can do is be thankful that we're here now and we are welcomed. I go downstairs to ask my dad if it would be okay for Ron to spend the night, but I can't find him. I look everywhere in the house and I can't find him. Judith is back in here crib and sleeping, thank god, but where is my dad?

I go outside and I see that he is on the porch on the house across the street with Daryl. I walk toward them and notice that Daryl still hasn't showered or anything.

"Hey Daryl, hi dad" I say.

"What's up kid?" Daryl says while flicking my hat up, I laugh and hug him.

"Dad, would it be okay if Ron stayed the night at our house tonight? I found a gaming console and we both got real excited and I asked him if I could, he's going to ask Jessie right now."

"Of course, Carl. Just keep an eye out on him and never let your guard down." He says. I instantly remembered when my dad and I were in the church. " No matter how many people are around, no matter where you are, you are not safe." Those unsettling, but true words that Carl will never forget.

"Thanks dad, see you daryl, oh and you stink" says Carl.

"Watch it, kid. Or else you'll find that ridiculous hat in the sewage system" Daryl says as he's chuckling. It's so rare to see Daryl smile, or even laugh. You gotta be real funny I guess.

I make my way back to our house, thinking about tonight. I am so excited. I'm so excited to make a real friend again, and I'm excited to get a feel for Alexandria. But I- Oh shit. My room is a total damn mess. I have to go clean it before Ron gets here or else I'll be super fucking embarrassed!

I start running for my house, quickly get in the door and dart to my room. I see my clothes all over the floor and comics everywhere. I instantly fold all of my clothes, even the dirty ones. I'll wash those later. I scoop up all my comics and put them all on my table, those will get read later with Ron.

Ron. The beautiful boy with dirty blonde hair, his lips are so perfect, his voice is so beautiful, his eagerness to talk to me is so darling.

Why am I having these thoughts?

I am just so excited to get to know him, that's all. I haven't had a friend in so long. That is my explanation to these feelings. Anyways, my room is clean. Well, sorta. I hope that he brings games for the console because I couldn't find an-

Knock, Knock, Knock, He's here.

A/N: HELLO YOU GUYS I HAVE FINALLY MADE A REAL UPDATE! thank you so much if you read this, I totally don't deserve it since it's been what, like 4/5 years?? Thank you so much for being here and I will continue the story and continue to make more, but probably Byler stories <333 enjoy darlings!!