拡張 - extended.

taehyung puts his phone away. he drops the cigarette and steps on it with his heel. from the corner of his eye, he can spot jimin doing the same thing.

his best friend lets out a heavy sigh that's enough for taehyung to understand what jimin is trying to say, what he's feeling. taehyung knows the guilt is slowly tearing apart his best friend as the days goes by, he knows jimin is scared, tired, paranoid. he is, too.

shooting a guy is one thing, but shooting a guy and then killing him is another. taehyung might know that jimin is dying inside, but he doesn't really know what the boy is going through. he's never killed a person before. he knows just how twisted and wrong that is, even went as far as ignoring his best friend when he needed taehyung the most.

it just so wasn't... jimin. so he distanced himself because he, too, was afraid. but he couldn't take the radio silence anymore, couldn't handle the feeling of not knowing where jimin was, if he's okay. it drove him crazy.

so taehyung caved. he shouldn't have, he should've let jimin realize that what he did was wrong and cruel. it's just unfortunate how he tended to break easily when it comes to jimin.

"what if," jimin whispers, the first words he's spoken to taehyung since a while, makes him realize how much he misses talking to his best friend, "what if the cops are doing an investigation, what if everything leads to me? someone could've heard. or seen. fuck, i didn't even think if there were cameras around or not."

"you'll be fine, jimin," taehyung reassures his worried best friend, reassures himself too. jimin will be fine. they'll be fine. he'll make sure of that.

"how can you even sound so sure? people are smart, tae. they'll get to me eventually."

"well, we're," taehyung thinks. what do they have that's enough to keep both of them safe? "we're smart, too. together."

jimin chuckles. the sound sends a warm feeling down his chest. even just making him laugh is enough to tell taehyung that things are getting better. will be better.

"please, even hearing you say that makes you sound stupid."

"if they do get to you, which i can assure you will not happen under my watch, then we'll frame someone."

jimin looks at him and quirks an eyebrow, "a crime for a crime? wow, i am a bad influence on you. maybe i'm better off."

"have a little faith in me, will you?"

jimin leans on the railing with arms crossed over his chest. taehyung sneaks a glance, finds his best friend looking at the ground and deep in thought.

"i do, you dipshit," jimin turns around, hangs his arms over the railing. he joins taehyung as he watches the busy afternoon streets of seoul, both boys squinting at the sun. they must look ridiculous right, taehyung thinks. "a lot. you have no idea."

and those are the words that will keep him going through the day.

END.