12: Truth or Truth

Start from the beginning

Yes, he is sitting in this room.

A couple more questions were asked, and then it was Jack's turn.

"(Y/N)..."

I look up.

"Is your crush... Me?" That accent... Jack honestly sounded astonished, as if it hadn't been obvious. Then again, maybe it wasn't.

"Yes." With that, my eyes welled up even more. It was so quiet, I could hear the tornado of thoughts swirling angrily through my head.

I just got up, smiled a weak smile, and walked in the direction of the kitchen. Even though I was focused on fighting back tears, I heard shuffling behind me.

Felix called out, "Where are you going..."

"To- to get water

"Without him?" Felix finished.

I felt someone grab my hand. I turned around, and it was none other than Jack himself. He reached out and grabbed my other hand. We stood like that, just enjoying the silence. I honestly didn't even care that the others were there. I just looked into those ocean blue eyes. I my own eyes well up (again).

"(Y/N)?" Jack asked me.

"Yes, Jack?"

"Have you been had a crush on me as long as I've had crush on you?"

"Probably." I said, laughing.

I was happy beyond belief. But currently, my face could produce nothing but tears. Happy ones, but tears nonetheless. Jack pulled me in for hug to the sound of everyone else saying, 'Awwwww!' and 'Finally. I only allowed a few tears to fall before my face broke into a smile. Jack saw my smile and matched it.

"Oh, my gosh, FINALLY!" Mark yelled. Me and Jack turned to Mark." We've been trying to get you together for forever."

Jack said incredulously, "Is that why you practically roomed me with (Y/N) in the first place?" Mark nodded happily.

"And is that why you had that (S/N) sign in the airport? Because you were expecting me and Jack?" I asked.

"Wait." Jack turned to me. "He had a sign for us? Mine just said 'Irish Potato'." That got a laugh out of all of us. Mark just looked proud of himself.

"Hey Mark," Felix said, "Get the poster! Marzia and Bob still have a bet."

"Oh, yeah!" Marzia cried out eagerly! "You're gonna owe my five dollars in a minute, Bob!"

Bob just grumbled.

"Hey, you two. Lovebirds in the center." Molly said. "Sit down, stay awhile. You have the rest of the week to enjoy each other's company!" She had a point. Me and Jack sat down on one end of the circle, much closer than before. He gave me a peck on the cheek, earning, another 'Aw!' from our friends, and a giggle from me.

"Are you going to kiss her?" Felix asked suddenly.

"Felix!" Marzia cried.

"Not yet, Felix. I'm waiting for the perfect setting. "Jack replied, looking at me and smiling.

Just then, Mark returned, proudly brandishing the sign from the airport. 

"HA!" Marzia yelled. "Pay up, Bob, five dollars!" Bob grudgingly paid her, we all laughed and everything was perfect.

Then I got up, telling Jack that I would be right back... I actually needed water now. When I went into the kitchen, there was a cake there! It said

'Happy Two Second Anniversary, Jack and (Y/N)!'

I stared at the cake for a moment, contemplating the words before calling in my friends.

"Hey guys, come here!" I yelled. I heard all my friends get up and stampede toward the door.

Everyone came into the kitchen and ogled at the cake.

"Who put that there?" Mark asked. I looked around, and my eyes landed on Wade, who was standing in the back with a smile. I immediately ran to Wade and gave the super tall guy a super huge hug.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"What? Wade, you did this? Thank you!" Jack sounded genuinely thankful. I just looked at Wade, and then looked at Jack, who was just looking at me.

"Aww, are you already jealous, Jackaboy?" I teased.

"Possibly."

I ran to Jack and hugged him again, making him smile. Then, I went into a drawer and got a knife to cut the cake. I cut Jack's piece of cake first, and then mine, setting them aside. Jack seemed to understand why I had done that and waited patiently. Once the last person was served, I turned to Jack and smiled as I gave him his cake and picked up my own slice.

"Happy Two Second Anniversary, Jack."

"Happy Two Second Anniversary, (Y/N)!"

I think my cheeks are going to fall off from smiling.