Chapter 2.

I wake up to someone touching my hair and brushing it to the side. I slowly open my eyes to find my mother's eyes. I jump a bit before smiling.

''Hi honey, it's pretty late. I'm sorry.'' Her tone is filled with sorrow and she furrows her eyebrows.

The light from the moon shining on her face makes her eyes look red, she has been crying.

''Aunt Denise called, my mother is pretty sick.''

''What?'' I sit up on the bed.

''I don't know... if my mother will be okay.'' She takes a deep breath. ''A friend of mine will take care of you while I'm gone.''

''Mom, I'm 17. I can take care of myself.'' I tell her.

She smiles with a look of proudness. 

''How long will you be gone?'' I continue.

''For a week I think, I'm leaving tonight to take a quick flight to New York.''

I feel my eyes water. I've only seen my grandmother for about two times, since we've never had enough money to go to New York. Since my dad died, we've had a tough time. I've never really had anyone else but my mother. I can't help but to feel like I'm gonna miss her. Just seeing her hurt makes me want to hug her and never let go.

''I have to go now, I love you.'' She kisses my forehead. ''Reena will be here soon, goodbye.''

''Bye mum.'' 

...

I wake up once again and feel a huge relief when I remember that it's sunday. 

''Reena!'' No answer.

She's not here yet. I usually go shopping with my mother on weekends or just spend the day watching movies. 

I decide to clean my room and fix my hair and clothes. Since my mom left, I want her to be able to trust me. Then perhaps she can let me stay home alone again.

Two hours pass by and Reena is still not here. I'm getting paranoid watching tv while my mother is out there crying over my grandmother. I wish I was there to comfort her.

I decide to take a walk. I put my white converse on and some light make up. I take one last glance in the mirror before heading out. The breeze hits my face but it's on the same time the perfect weather. Houses next to ours look just perfect with their floral garden and expensive fence. It reminds me of how our house used to look.

Suddenly, pain hits my shoulder combined with the cold weather which makes it hurt even more.

''Ouch,'' I whisper rubbing my shoulder.

I look up to find green eyes, the same green eyes.

''Watch out!'' He snaps. ''You maybe need glasses?''

His rude comment makes me loose his gaze. Yeah, it's the same curly haired dumb headed too.

''Excuse me.'' I put my hand on my hip. ''You bumped into me, I think you're the one who needs glasses.''

''Wait, I think I recognize you from somewhere.'' He furrows his eyebrows. 

He smirks obivously figuring out that I'm the same person from the book store.

''You're the nerd from the book store.''

''I'm not a nerd.'' I barely whisper but he heard.

''Whatever.'' He bumps into my shoulder once again before heading to the opposite direction. 

I let my gaze fall down to the ground again before continuing to walk. I can't help but to feel his comments itching my mind. Why do I even care? I sometimes get bullied in school, why does his words make such a large impact on me? 

I shrug it off before running back into my house and into my room. 

...

A/N

Yay chapter 2 

Please share it would mean the world to me, vote if you liked it and I'll do more chapters. 

I love you thank you for reading xx

Twitter: @louisboobies_ & @just_imagine1D_