Chapter 23

Danielle's POV

Staring at them made them feel uncomfortable. 

"Like what you see?!" A familiar voice smirked.

He kept staring at me while furrowing his eyebrows and narrowing his eyes. I didn't know what to answer him back so I just nodded at him and I got in the car. Sitting next to him made my heart beat fast and thinking about what I am going to do tonight made it beat even more faster.

Was I growing so fast? I used to think that relationships were stupid and now I was going to admit to a guy that I like him! It's true that people change, because I did! 

I got so distracted in my thoughts that I didn't even hear Christine talking to me.

"Earth to Danielle!" Christine told me.waving her hands.

"Huh?" I asked her confused.

"Finally you're back to Earth! Why so quiet? Don't you remember Thomas and Mary?" she told me while pointing at them. How could I not notice him when he was the reason that my heart was beating fast? 

"Yeah I do remember them actually," I answered her quietly while looking outside the window.

"So then speak!" Christine told me probably annoyed with my silence. She was making this on purpose so that I'll start to gain more confidence till I tell him the truth.

"Christine we arrived so it's too late to start a conversation now. The only thing she can tell them is bye. She has to go for the photos of prom queens contest,"  Matthew answered her while parking the car. Thank you Matthew, I silently thanked him.

"Right. So bye!" I told them while hurrying away from them. I just embarrassed myself in front of the guy I have a stupid crush on. 

Going in the hall where the prom was, I saw Jake waiting impatiently for me. As he saw me he came over me and hugged me.

"Hey! What happened you came late?" Hr asked me.

"I know sorry we were taking some photos and we lost track of time," I told him.

"I see," he nodded. "I know this might be awkward since we got close now, but we still have to take some pictures together as the perfect couple." 

"Can't we just skip them," I suggested.

"Unfortunately we can't, but if you want we can take only one and we'll take it just like friends, no photo of us hugging or holding hands."

"Well one photo doesn't sound so bad," I commented.

"It will all end after the announcement," he tried to make me feel better, but that only made pain in my hurt. Will our friendship end?

Not answering him back, I smiled at him and we went to take the photo.

"Do you want to have a copy of it for yourselves?" The photographer asked us.

I shook my head while Jake politely said, "Yes, please make a copy of it."

Giving him the 'what are you doing' look, he whispered, "I'll explain later."

Smiling for the photo, behind the photographer passed Thomas, Mary, Christine and Matthew. Christine gave me a thumbs up, probably she discovered something about Thomas, while he looked to the other way.

"Photo is done! Here's the copy you wanted," the photographer said and handed him the picture. Jake paid for the money and the he tossed the photo in his pocket of his suit.

"Let's go in the centre, there going to announce something," he pointed towards the middle.

"How do you know that?" I questioned him.