Chapter 1

I watched as the firemen began to extinguish the flames burning the college I just signed up for. It's like life is telling me "College? Let me blow it for you one time and the next time, let me REALLY blow it up for you!"  If life was a person, I would first introduce it to my fist.

After the glorifying burning down of my education (don't worry there were no casualties) I went into my old Chevy Chevelle dumped on for me on my 16th birthday. I sat down turned on the gas, gosh I love that sound! and rode off towards home until college reconstructs itself miraculously in my life for some reason. Not like I wanted to go anyway. 

-

 It was early morning and I went towards the garage where my dad was in most of the time. It was full of equipment and guns, no... he's not a republican, he's a mechanical engineer in the area of weaponry, of course he has equipment and guns, it's his job and he has a proper license. I also love my dad.

"How's my little girl?" he said with a bullet in his mouth. Liquor spilt on his leather jacket, his ray-bans on the tip of his nose beginning to fall off. 

My dad's one of those guys who you can call Russian because of his admiralty to alcohol which I don't really mind because he never really gets drunk. And you can call him an Italian due to his wild eastern European accent - oh i didn't mention he's from Hungary ? Anyway, that, makes him sound like a Mafia. 

"I'm 20... dad." I said, shaking my head.

"Right. Then why aren't you working your ass off?" He said getting rid of the smile and the bullet in his mouth.

"Because, the college blew up... because of a fire."

"Anyone dead?"

"Nope. All saved."

"You okay?"

"Yeah..."

"So, wanna get a real job now or what?"

"Yeah."

"Then start off with cooking me some dinner."

My dad said that and laughed, I rolled my eyes and went to the front door of the house. There are the neighbours again... watching us, they think we're weird, no, more like... dangerous. What I think about them is they should really mind their own business... seriously. 

Anyway, I went in my room and took of my leather jacket, put on some sweat pants because yes it is time for me to chill. I put a pizza shop's telephone number on the kitchen's table and wrote a note on it "maybe next time dad, but I gotta work out"

With that written and put, I took my gym bag and head out the door, I have my ginger hair tied up in a ponytail as always.

I began jogging my way to the gym in town and I suddenly received an annoying notification while listening to some metal -it was a text: 

"OMG! CAROL! I NEED TO C U ASAP!" –Anna

Anna, not a friend, but still thinks we are, even if she hung out with me from the start of preschool, she is quite a nuisance I can't get  rid of. 

Anna still writes like she's in preschool though.

I ignored her text and entered the gym, said hi to the coaches and got to my daily routing, which is boxing. Punch straight, uppercut, undercut, hook, repeat. Then the legs: wheelhouse kick, push kick, side kick, etc...

My coach is a fellow old guy named Bob. Bob is a good guy, he's an African American and he teaches well. But, maybe, just maybe, he shouts too much. I started with the warm ups and when moving towards the punching bag, Bob got up from the only TV in the gym which was a small squared little TV showing black and white tapes of the best old fashioned boxers in history.  He then ran straight towards me.

"Hey my Champ Carol, why are you here so early today?" He asked. He calls me that... it's sweet.

"College blew up. A fire... a fire." I said, panting, putting the boxing gloves on.

He burst out laughing. And, I started punching.

"Good! Now you could box some more! Give that bastard all you got!"

"Sure thing. Coach."

After the workout in the gym I was heading back home and while jogging I checked the messages sent by my Anna begging me to see her at some street only a few meters away from where I was.

I sighed and went towards that direction. I don't know where it was but I went there anyway, Anna probably needs me and I should tell her that I don't need her and that she should stop talking to me.

I was never a social person. I was always more of in independent person who was quite eh- antisocial. I found Anna in front of a white big house wearing a pink sparkly top and a short yellow mini-skirt. Like who dresses like that now days? She had earrings longer than path towards a bright future and lots of make-up. 

"Uh....?" I said confused with the striking get-up.

"It's the theme of the party!" She rolled her eyes. "The SIXTIES??"

"Oh." I said still not comprehending the get-up. 

"Look," I began again. "Don't... don't talk to me any more kay? You're sorta uh-"

She didn't listen, no. She instead complained at what I was wearing and interrupted. 

"Oh my god! W-what are you wearing!? Didn't you receive my email? The party? That's why I told you to get Facebook or instagram to stop being such a freak!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Leave me alone. I don't like parties... I mean... those parties" I said.

It was true. When you want to party, you have to party at a level which represents you. What I mean is, not some kid's party who steals alcohol and starts doing weird stuff and gets caught by their parents. A party needs to be in a venue with lights and famous people and a bar. That party, is the only one I would ever choose to go to. I got high standards.

 Okay, just kidding, the reason I don't like 'teenage' parties is because I've been there- done that- I'm grown and I seriously don't have good memories actually I don't even remember anything but the smell of alcohol. 

"At least come to this one! For me!"  She shouted, stomping her pink high heels.

"Why are you forcing me?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I need you... there's this guy who has this HUGE crush on you and I want to be with his best friend... who's Jack. Please, help me."

Jack and Tim. The two guys, everyone in high school was in love with. Last thing I remember was Tim confessing to me and me laughing at him and rejecting him. It was something like:

"I love you Carol! You are the most beautiful, the most intelligent, the most loving, and the most amazing girl I have ever met!" Tim said emotionally.

I looked at him for a second, then started to burst out laughing.

"No." I said. Jesus... why would he even fall for me? He was making fun of me. 

That's when it happened. I was only left with one friend, which was Anna. I'm starting to think she did that so she could force me to get close to Tim so she could get close to Jack. Well, she tried a few months ago... and a few weeks ago... but well it didn't work out because of my nasty personality so now she's trying again.

I cursed her in my head.

"Damn you man, get lost. I'm not helping you with your love stories. How many times do I have to repeat this to you?"

I said that and jogged away. Not looking back.

"Fine! Our friendship is OVER!" She shouted and I laughed quietly.

Yes. Finally. It was over.