Chapter 6

"Hey is she awake?" 

"She's opening her eyes."

"Jesus... not this again." 

I jumped up. The first thing I realised was that I was on a hospital bed but not in a hospital. Three people were looking down to me. Everything was blurry and I could still feel it, the warm blood in my hands. The black blood of the creature I attacked. Did it die? What happened? My father... oh no my dad! My dad! I started crying. Slamming my head down in my hands. I was shaking and crying so hard that it was as if I was drowning in the pool of tears gathered in my hands. 

"She... she's the girl at the apartment."

"What!? You know her!"  

"No, No, She-"

"Shut up! Giver her a break so we can get over this. We have to erase her memories for sure if she speaks of them"

"What?" I said and lifted my head up - my vision returning slightly. 

"Nothing honey, get some rest." 

The unknown voices kept blabbering. The fact that I lost my father was disastrous and I had the feeling of hatred running through my veins making me want to vomit. I didn't know how to clearly think so I slept for the pain lingered too much that it made me tired. 

-

I woke up once more, still in the bed. This time, one person was in front of me and my vision was back completely. I didn't cry any more. 

"You!" I said and jumped up as I remembered - it was the guy at my apartment who wanted the sticker. 

"Yo." he said. "Sorry for your loss."

"W-Why am I here? What is this? Is that creature here? Who are you people?" My senses came back. I was in the state of shock. 

"Calm down...  You are here with us, the knights of Aurapilos, wait, did you just say creatures?" he asked. 

"The knights? What connection do you have with the creatures! The hideous creature who KILLED MY FATHER!" I raged. He suddenly reached out towards me trying to calm me down. 

"wo wo wo! Hold up! We hate those creatures as much as you do! We are their enemies - actually" he leaned forward and whispered in my ear "we hunt them." 

My eyes widened as if I found a hidden gem I was looking for for a very long time since yesterday. I can take my revenge. This group - they're heroes. I want to avenge my father! Fuck James, Fuck the city, I just want to kill the beast who did this to me...

"Le-"

"Joe!" someone called from outside. The sound of heels came from afar getting closer and closer. She then entered the room. She was wearing a white coat like a doctor and had rectangular glasses on with long black hair till her waist tied in a pony tail. Her eyes were green and she was a beauty. 

"She knows doesn't she?" She asked. 

"knows wha-" I said and got interrupted. 

"Yeah." Joe replied looking at me in sadness or disappointment. 

"W-wait! I want to join!" As I was speaking Joe stood up from next to where I was lying. 

"We need to get rid of her memories." The doctor said. "You know that Joe." she said ignoring me. 

"yeah." Joe said.

"NO! NO! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! I WANT TO AVENGE MY FATHER! I WANT TO FIG-" I got interrupted again - by a needle this time and a quite sound. I was slowly fainting away, falling inside this hard mattress on a hospital bed which was not in a hospital. 

I woke up. The doctor was looking towards me in confusion. 

"Shit!" she said.  

I tried moving but I was tied down by a chain. I freaked out. I started screaming not only because I was freaked out but also because of the pain inside my head. It was like there was a hole in my head. A drill running through it. 

"Let me out! Let me OUT!" I screamed, I was tied down both physically and mentally. "Stop ! It hurts! Ah-" I shouted looking for means of escape. 

"What happened?!" Joe's voice came as he ran towards the room. 

"She-She woke up - we ran out of methane and and I don't know what to do! There's no more methane! Go get some methane!" The doctor panicked. I panicked and screamed in pain and tears starting falling down my face. It was too much for one day. It was all too much. Then, suddenly, I knew it was too much and I calmed myself down thinking about my Dad. I calmed myself, remembering how dad used to tell me that in these situations I should do nothing but stay calm. I inhaled the pain as if it was gas I needed for respiration and so I felt it no more. Joe and the doctor blabbered. I found it strange but nonetheless I stayed calm. Then, I felt the chains coming off. Joe pulling them out and the doctor releasing me. The pain was worse when I started moving. I blocked their voices out my system. They seemed to be talking to me but I just couldn't care less. I had nothing in this world - and they wanted to take my memories away - first taking my father then my memories with him. How cruel can you be? 

"Don't" Joe said. "I will talk with the boss. I think she can join us." Those were the words I heard as I was reborn again. 

"Really?!" I said then screamed as the pain shut me back down. 

"Yeah... you're tough. Withstanding that pain. Get her some methane!" He shouted to the back. 

After they got me some I was restored, completely, memories still fresh, nightmares and dreams reborn. I am ready. After all this training, frustration, confusion, Bob, Dad, monster, human, I will join the knights of Aurapilos and fight to avenge my father. I have decided my life's path and it's going to look nasty.