Chapter 11

Ethan waiting for news at the hospital.

Sorry if this chapter feels rushed I've been going through a lot lately and life's been crazy so while I'm writing i'm not really thinking about how it flows or anything i'm just trying to get it written may go back in the future and fix it up but for now I would just like to write it all down while it's fresh in my mind.

* In this chapter a lot comes together as well as a family secret finally being revealed (better late than never)

* I really do apologize for not updating sooner and for such a crap excuse for a last couple chapters. 

Chapter 11 (started 11/15/16)

Before he could even think to respond his knees buckled and his eyes rolled to the back of his head...  

Last thing he remembered was talking to the lady outside of the courtroom who claimed she was his mother which had happened a few days ago.  Even though he wanted to talk to Ethan about their conversation he was scared about it and couldn't even believe it had happened to begin with.  Now he was at the house that had only been up for sale for a few days and had already had a few offers on it, he was picking up the last of his stuff before he headed back to his apartment when his father walked into his room and asked him to come downstairs.

"What is it?" Carter asked as they made their way to the front porch.

"I think it's time we all sat down."

"We?!"

"Yes, we."

When Walter opened the door Carter was left speechless, the blonde woman who had claimed to be his mother was standing there looking somewhat concerned.

"What is she doing here?!"

"I'm worried about you, Carter." Cynthia sat down next to Walter on the porch.

"Look, I don't know what you told him but its all lies."

"Carter, please."

"What?  My mother is dead, she killed herself.  My grandparents told me that when they left me with Walter."

"Carter," Walter sighed heavily.  "I don't know how else to say this but that isn't true."

"What do you mean?"

A rather uncomfortable silence fell over them before Cynthia spoke.

"I was sixteen when I had you; he was forty-five and married.  Your father denied being the father, my parents didn't want to deal with the public humiliation and I was terrified of being a single mother at sixteen so I left after you were born.  I was in so much pain I turned to drugs for a way to numb the pain but it never worked I still missed you so much."

Carter there listening and trying to decide whether or not to believe anything this stranger had to say.  Yes, she had an eerie resemblance to Walter and himself but still where had she been all these years.  Why did she care now after so long?

"However, after a few years I regretted giving you up so I got clean and tried to contact my parents for your whereabouts.  They wouldn't tell me anything saying that I was unfit to raise you and that I was just seeking out money from them when all I wanted was a relationship with my son.  They took that from me."