My focus solely on the creature ahead, I began to reach slowly over to the center console. Unwilling to take my eyes off the approaching figure, I slide my hand onto the familiar holster and unsnap the locks.
"Ma'am? I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the car for a moment please." The officer insisted, stepping closer to open the door. As soon as he made this gesture, the thing vanished. Just like that. Poof. Gone.

I slid my gun out of its holster so quick I hardly had time to blink. It was pointed at my window in the space of a millisecond, but even that wasn't fast enough to outrun the beast. The kind officer was gone. Taken so quick that he hadn't even had the time to scream. The man who had saved me from one of the most stupidest ways to die had disappeared just like that. And I would soon be following the poor guy if I didn't get my bahooty outta there quick.

So shifting the transmission into gear, I steered the car sideways in one of those classic rubber burning, back end swinging, race you till the edge of this cliff, turns'. I plowed down the bridge like a pack of wolves were nipping at my heels. I rolled up my window, shifted into fifth gear, and kept my hand on my gun the entire way to town.

The first thought that came through my head afterwards was of sleep. The wonderful kind you get when you're past the point of exhausted and don't even have the will to dream. The timeless dark session that leaves you refreshed and ready to face the next day. I envied this type of rest, mostly because I never get the chance to experience it.

But sleep was out of the question. Whatever had taken the police officer back there would soon be on my tail, if it wasn't already. I didn't exactly need anymore beasts chasing after me...
So, when I idled into the small town of Mystic Falls, Virginia it was three o'clock in the morning. The adrenaline I had received from earlier events had worn off about two hours ago. Leaving me even more tired, hungry, and pained than before.

After the long three days that it'd been awake, I finally decided that it would be best if I got some sleep. Now I don't know about you, but the backseat of a car is not the most comfortable thing to try and rest on. But when you haven't slept in exactly forty-nine hours, you begin to not give a Flipping Uni-Corn Krap about where you sleep.

But I also knew what was lurking around in the dark just waiting for me to let my guard down. It hadn't caught up with me just yet, else I'd be in a ditch on the side of the road, but I didn't want to risk anything either. So I sucked it up and drove the couple of extra miles to a hotel.

I purchased a room. Dragged myself to the door and even managed to lock it afterwards, but once I got to that bed I was out like a rock.

Bad writing starts here

Pulling into the semi-crowded parking lot, I take the closest space to the entrance and turn the ignition off. I step out of my car and lock the door. As I walk across the parking lot toward the bar, I rub my forehead with a sigh. The job before had drained me, and just about killed me. I'd come from Beacon Hills, California, to Mystic Falls, Virginia. All the way across the country. To escape what? Some wolves?

Gosh, I hated running. But to be fair, there're certain times when you have to, if you wanna continue breathing that is. I've been traveling for at least a week, probably longer. To be honest, I have no idea how I made it this far. The past few days have been nothing but a blur of traffic and never-ending road. Somehow I managed to get all the way across the country with nothing but pure fear pushing me on. Seeing as I only stopped for the necessities, I'm surprised that I didn't crash at the first hotel I saw. Instead, I find myself at the Mystic Falls Bar and Grill. Seemingly the only bar in this little town. I needed to figure out what I was going to do. I couldn't run forever, and I had no doubt that they were already hot on my trail. I hadn't exactly left things all tied up in a nice and pretty bow. Now, I'm sure they were tied up, but it was with a bigger mess that even I couldn't handle...