chapter 11: accident

Start from the beginning

"Then explain it to me, Jamie!" His anger took me by surprise, I looked at him. "You have no idea of stupid that was! I can't believe Anya would even think about bringing you there!"

"Shane, I had a dream about Dante and Zero--"

"Let me guess, something bad happened to Zero." He rolled his eyes, interrupting me. He continued without letting me respond. "It was a dream Jamie."

"But--"

His hand was over my mouth now.

"Do you have any idea how angry Zero is? Not only is he pissed at Anya, he's furious with you!"

"Me?!" I gasped, shocked. Zero didn't get mad at me.

"Yes, you! He knows you talked her into it."

"What's so bad about it?" I crossed my arms.

"Dante just needs one second, one perfect moment to get to you. That's why we've been trying so hard to keep you away. Nobody wants to see you turned."

"But that's the only way to end this!" I let out. He stared at me. "Take me back." I begged quietly.

"No." He didn't even hesitat, he didn't even have to think about it. His voice was hard.

"Shane..." I pouted.

"No." He repeated the same way. I turned away from him. I wasn't going to win this one.

"Please..." I breathed.

He didn't say anything this time. I just felt his arms wrap around me. It was as if he was oblivious that he was still naked as he pulled my body against his.

"I'm sorry, Jamie. I won't take you back there."

"But, nothing can happen to me if you're there." I muttered, staring into the empty forest ahead of me. He laughed.

"That's not going to work."

Now I was glaring at the empty forest.

"Well you should at least put some clothes on."

He didn't move. After a moment he sighed.

"I can't trust you," He muttered. That confused me a little. "But I can out-run you." He seemed to conclude. He let my waist go and disappeared. By the time I spun around he was back in his werewolf form. I jumped back, surprised.

"What happend to turning into a werewolf during the full moon?"

His eyes, now five times bigger, rolled up into his head. I grinned at him.

"I like this. It's actually quiet when you're around for once." I teased.

He shook his head, rolling his eyes again. Then very carefully he reached over. I didn't move. I was hardly breathing. His claws looked sharp! He moved his arm carefully around me once again. He pulled me to his side and we were flying.

"What happend to "I wouldn't deny you what you wanted, no matter what it is you ask for"?" I mocked.

A low growl came out from the back of his throat. I glanced up at him. He was looking at me. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh, don't give me that look! You know I'm just teasing you."

I was also trying my hardest to forget about the fight that was taking place at this moment. It was like my dream, but real. And that scared me. I wanted to go back so badly. I haven't seen Zero in nearly two days. Thinking about it now, I was surprised I was able to handle that whole month without him.