Fallen angel

Chara walked along the path in Waterfall. They had been whispering random things to echo flowers to stop the silence. Most of them had to do with their dark sense of humor, though one of them Chara had just started talking about their life. Then they felt embarrassed about rambling so they whispered to the flower again.

"Have you ever wondered why they have to put fences around grave yards? It's because people are dying to get in there! Ha ha ha!" Chara stood up and laughed at their own joke.

They had just finished whispering to all the flowers in the "star" room. They remember that the next echo flower should be in the crystal cheese save room. So they went on to the next room, and walked over to were the fairy rock usually was. Since it had been a genocide route there wasn't anything there, but they gave the boards a hard stomp and it popped up.

"Three gold for fairy?"

Chara ignored the rock's question and just jumped on it. It didn't say another word and went to the other part of waterfall. They took the three gold from the pink rock and giggled a little when it said, "Thank you for stepping on my face."

Thinking of what they should say to this flower Chara walked into the next room. They walked over to the flower when they noticed It was already saying something. Crouching down next to the flower they heard your voice. "There now later I can come back for you." And then footsteps walking away. Chara looked over at the table and saw a pie on it. "This is like quiche room." They thought and walked over to the pie.

"Butterscotch and cinnamon..." Chara mumbled as they picked up the pie. "Wait does that mean y/n is near here?" They wondered aloud.

Chara grabbed the pie and went on to the next room. "Y/n?" They called out. Something gave them a bad feeling that you were in trouble. Probably the fact you left the pie behind. Who leaves a perfectly good pie behind? Especially Toriel's pies. That stuff was good. "Mmmm mom's butts pie." Chara thought as they grabbed a small clump of pie with their hand, and ate it.

Quickly they started running around the area looking for you. Usually they wouldn't care if a human got lost down there, but in this situation you were the only other thing down there that hadn't run away. All the monsters were either dust, or evacuated. That left you as the only thing that could prevent Chara going insane. That is if they weren't already. They weren't even a hundred percent sure themselves.

In barely anytime Chara made it to the ledge that you had to move the bucket in front of. They took this as a good sign, but then remembered the room after it. "The bridges... Could falling off of those make a human with 0 LOVE die?" Chara wondered. They were afraid to know the answer. Pushing those thoughts to the back of their mind, Chara jumped up onto the ledge and ran forward. "Y/N? ARE YOU HERE?" They shouted.

They didn't even notice the blue shards. Even when they ran on them they didn't slip. Chara was dead after all. The shards couldn't hurt them anyway. So they kept running, and looked down every path to see if you were there. "God if they can hear me they'll probably just try to run away with the first impression I gave them." Chara said as they ran into the open part of the bridges. That's when they finally saw the shards.

"What the...?" Chara picked up one of the pieces, and remembered when Frisk had been chased by Undyne. "I didn't realize that they broke up into pieces." They dropped the shard to the ground, and took a step back near the edge. One of the boards under their foot broke off. Quickly they jumped forward, but sudden realization hit them.

At full speed they ran to the wider bridge that Frisk had fallen off before. Sure enough it was even more broken than it last was. Chara peeked over the edge, but couldn't see the bottom very well. "Y/N!" They called. No reply. They called again. "Y/N ARE YOU DOWN THERE!?" Again no response.  "Oh Chara you really are just an idiot. Even the fall made Frisk unconscious it'd be unrealistic for her to be awake."