Chapter Nine

"Avery, be still." Stephanie said, making me roll my eyes as I impatiently waited for her to take the IV out of my arm.

I felt more than refreshed, I felt very complete and fulfilled with the fact that I was now going to be able to hold my babies for the first time, Frances stood on the right of my bed with his hand on my shoulder while I sat with my back straight and every horrible thought going through my head. Stephanie grabbed my right hand once more and worked on carefully pulling off the wad of tape she applied over my IV to keep me from ripping out, she released my hand after gently removing the needle and putting a piece of gauze and a bandage over it. 

I smiled as I balled my hand before releasing it and look at my babies as they all laid lined up side by side, the first one was awake with gentle brown eyes lurking at everything in it's sight, a blue beanie laid on it's head as it stared onward into the dull light above its head. The second baby wore a pink crocheted beanie, a gift from Frances, as she eagerly kicked her feet with the nasal cannula still up her nose, her big gray eyes excitingly took in the surroundings of the hut as I smiled at my babies. The last baby was also awake, he had deep gray eyes that were darker than his sisters and was once wearing a white beanie that almost blended in with the bush of white hair on it's head but he had pulled it off on his own with his constantly squirming.

Alpha was leaning against the wall beside the door with his body blocking anyone from entering, Barry was across the room and eagerly sitting on the end of his chair as he sat close to my cot, Stephanie walked to the baby wearing with bushes of white covering his head and gently rubbed his belly before carefully moving him from the tiny bed he was laying in. I didn't know if Barry was here whenever my surgery was taken place but I didn't care, I had my babies and all of them were perfectly fine, other than being premature but I loved them to no end and I would always love them no matter what. 

I prepared myself with a heavy deep breath before putting my arms out and waiting for Stephanie to pass the first baby over, I heard a chair creak and looked over as Barry got up and moved closer to see the babies as well. I turned my attention away from him as Stephanie carefully laid the white-haired child in my arms first, I bit my tongue very hard and willed my tears of joy to stay away but they didn't as I smiled and ignored the tears quickly streaming down my face. He was so fragile and warm, I held him tightly to my chest as I stared into the soft dark gray eyes stared into mine and I hiccupped as I no longer fought my sobs while holding him tightly. I felt Frances' warm hand rubbing my back as he stared at the baby as well, I took a deep breath and calmed myself as I gently pecked my baby on the head and smiled down at him once more.

"What are you going to name him?" Jacob asked.

"Admire." I whispered, smiling down at him as I admired his dark gray eyes.

"Perfect." Someone whispered to my left, I glanced to see Barry looking at Admire with tears in his eyes as well. "Admire." Barry repeated, his eyes shining with unfallen tears.

He reached forward and touched Admire's tiny fingers, who immediately took the chance to try and grasp onto Barry's large finger, making me smile at his attempt as more tears threatened to fall. My joy was unheard of, and I couldn't explain the blessing I knew I received as I gave Admire another kiss on the forehead before Barry got enough courage to take Admire and hold his fragile body. I watched as Barry held Admire carefully in the hopes of not breaking him, he stared down at his son with unfallen tears as his eyes glistened with amusement at Admire's gray eyes that were close to his shade of gray. I knew Barry wasn't ready, there was no way he was going to be able to raise one child and I knew it was going to almost impossible for him to help me raise three but I was ready to face his problems with him. 

Stephanie moved to grab the baby with the pink hat next, I smiled as she passed me my little girl and I was able to look into her gray eyes as well, she stared at me before her eyes closed and she released a very adorable sneeze, making me laugh lightly as she opened her eyes and stared at me then past me at Frances. Frances smiled at her and waved before making another face, which she only stared at him blankly, I was already getting the vibe that this premature of mine wasn't going to be so friendly to Fran as she got older. I smiled as I gently rocked her before lightly pecking her forehead, she released yet another adorable sneeze and I only laughed more as I smiled down at her, my eyes shining with unfallen tears.