Chapter Five

"Hey! Come on!" I yelled as something pushed me aside, I turned to see it was a small toddler as it ran quickly into the house.

I quickly managed to balance the tray of meat and took a calming breath before something bombarded past me, knocking into my leg and causing it to buckle but I quickly managed to catch myself against the wall as I furiously turned to look at the children as one chased the other. The second child that pushed past me was covered in mud, it encased the toddler's body as it giggled while running after the first child that was crying and whining while tightly clutching a white stuff bunny in the hopes of not getting it dirty.

"Halt!" I yelled, causing them both to come to an abrupt stop as I sat the tray down on the table and took a deep breath to calm myself. "Outside." I said sternly.

I sighed exhaustingly as I placed my hand on my slightly budding stomach, it was growing larger at a faster rate and I was curious to know if it was just a pregnancy thing or if my body had gotten used to accommodating children already. Large, beefy arms circled around my waist and a smile came over my face as I turned to look at the large man behind me, he had electric gray eyes that stared down at me with love as he wore a large smile on his face. His five o'clock shadow was so handsome and his heavenly scent only made me want to bury my face in his chest, something I happily did as he held me close to him.

"You're getting stressed love, it's not good for the baby." I sighed as I laid against his chest, smiling at his concern.

"I know it's not, that's why I'm taking the day off and you're watching the kids tomorrow, think you can handle that?" I asked, looking up at him as he smirked.

"I'm an Alpha, I can handle anything." Barry said, making me smile as he gently pecked my forehead before back-walking me toward the bed. "In the mean time..." He trialed as he waggled his eyebrows as a laugh irrupted from my throat.

"No, Barry. The babies could bust in at any time, and they'll have all the questions... all the questions to why we're connected, babe. Do you not remember what happened last time?"

"I remember, but, I'll be sneakier and actually use the cover this time." I rolled my eyes.

"Barry, go check on the babies, I hear some yelling."

"Alright, alright." He playfully huffed before pouting and stomping off with the cute, adorable but fake pout.

I shook my head as I walked to the bed and slowly laid down-

"Avery... Avery!" I flinched as I confusingly looked around myself.

It immediately dawned on me where I was as I relaxed a little with a small yawn before turning to see what was going on, I looked at Barry in confusion before dropping my eyes to see that I had took the center of the bed and made myself comfortable there. I slowly scooted closer to one side and felt the bed sink as I plugged my nose with the pillow to get away from the terrible stench of girl perfume, I closed my eyes in the attempt to go back to my dream when I felt Barry moving some more. I opened my eyes and waited for him to settle as I felt his heat radiating off of him, meaning he was rather close and then a gust of air against my scalp only confirmed that he was directly behind me. 

I slowly turned to look at him with a face of slight annoyance as he scooted only closer to me and cleared his throat, his eyes stared into mine as I waited for him to get comfortable before he cut his eyes away and rolled onto his back, jarring the bed once more. I laid my head back down and closed my eyes with the thought of sleep once more on my mind, a soft silence fell over us and the only sound I could hear was the sound of the same owl that was still up and the soft hushes of voices that were slowly retiring home.