Chapter Fourteen- Labyrinth

Start from the beginning

"Nah." I skipped away to catch up with the others, who hadn't stopped to wait for us. No doubt that damn Sasuke had anticipated this outcome.

"Sachi!" It had been a number of hours, and I was thoroughly enjoying Suigetsu's despair. I cupped my hand to my ear, striking a pose.

"Say it again!" I chanted, and he glared.

"Sachi! Change it back!" I squealed and ran away, laughing, as he chased me with his lump of metal.

"But I don't wanna!" I exclaimed, my sides hurting with my hysterics.

"Sachiko, Suigetsu!" We both skidded to a halt. I squinted at Sasuke, semi disgust on my face. "We're here. Can you two stop acting like children?" The Uchiha noticed my expression, and frowned. "What?"

"You called me Sachiko. Weird..." I muttered, lip curling. He just rolled his eyes.

"This is where we were heading." He said, pointing at a small glinting door positioned between the gnarled roots of a huge tree. But, as we got closer, I could see that it wasn't just the door- the entire perimeter was made of metal, along with the tree itself- or at least, encased.

"This," Sasuke said, pausing beside me- I'd walked forward so that my feet cane to rest on the metal. "Is why I needed you, Sachi." I folded my arms, "It's an old library of the Uchiha. There are hundreds of entrances, but only one way in... the rest will kill you."

"How did they even get this thing in the ground...?" I muttered to myself, bewildered- I could feel the expanse of the underground cavity- it was encased in metal, with metal walls and metal ceilings. It had to be at least 100 miles in diameter, and 10 miles deep.

"Naturally, the Uchiha clan borrowed the power of the Asuka." He glanced sideways at me, eyes fixing on mine. "They were in quite a close knit community years ago. It was one of the only ties that Konoha had to Kirigakure."

I realised after a few moments that I had not yet broken eye contact, and looked away. What was he trying to say? That it wasn't mere coincidence that we'd met as we did? Since our clans had been intertwined in the past?

I exhaled heavily through my nose, glaring at the ground. No. That was just me reading too far into it.

"Sachi, I want you to-"

"Blah blah, I knowww." I rolled my eyes at him, "You like the sound of your own voice too much, stupid Shady Uchiha-"

I stopped abruptly as his head whipped round to look at me in surprise, realising what I'd said.

I turned my head away, flushed, heart squeezing. "Whatever... I'll find the entrance. Shut up and let me concentrate."

Kicking my shoes off, I focused on the energy radiating through the metal caverns below me. It was such a large area that doing it like this would be much faster than using my hands, since I could only sense within a certain radius.

There were that many tunnels that ended in traps, tripwires, or a sheer drop onto spikes, that I began to wonder exactly what kind of books were in this library.

Eventually, I found the tunnel that had no traps, only stairs, so signalled to my companions. "It's this one."

"Can you open it?" Sasuke asked, and I frowned.

"So you brought me here, not even knowing if I'd be able to get you through the damn door or not? Are you fucking kidding me?" He just scowled at me, and I rolled my eyes. "Of course I can fuckin' open it. Dipshit..." I paused then took a moment to lean round him, and speak to the others. "Oh, and nice contribution to this scene, guys. The readers are going to think you aren't actually here."