Chapter 1

This pain. I can feel blood running down my fist. How could she? She actually cheated on me. After all the things I sacrificed for her; my family, my friends, my youth. Is it not enough? Am I not good enough? Is my hard work not worth it? The money I made every month? My business? My company? All of my hard work, it's all for her. Only for her and no one else. Why can't she understand that I need her. She's my life.

I feel pissed. Three years. For three years she has been going back and forth to that mans' house. My own bestfriend. I told him everything. Every one of my secrets. I literally told him everything there is to know about me but he went to my back and stab me. Why can't they just tell me the truth from the beginning? I can't forgive myself thinking how they have felt all these years. How hurt they must feel unable to show affection and love to each other. They know how much I love them, I would have sacrifice everything for them. Even if it means letting my 10 year relationship to waste. What's important to me is only their happiness. Can't they understand that? Can't they trust me enough?

"Bill! Wait. I'm sorry, Bill. Look, we can explain.",I heard Sarah apologizing to me. Urgh. My head hurts. I don't really want to talk to her about this right now. If I do, I might ended up screaming to her. "Yeah dude, just listen for a minute. This, its all-", Another voice bugging me. I can't help it anymore. I hate this.

"A what?! A misunderstanding?! Jason! I saw everything. I saw YOU making out with my GIRLFRIEND. Wait. I guess she's my Ex- girlfriend now.", see, that's what you guys get for annoying me."Honey, listen, what you saw just now, it was jus-","Sarah, why didn't you tell me that all those years, you were in love with him? I would have let you go you know.", I calmed down a bit. No matter what I do, I can't seem to be mad at them for a long time. I love them too much to be mad at them."W-what? What are you saying, Bill?", I could see Sarah having a hard time trying to digesting what I was saying."Bill, are you saying that-","Jason, I leave her to you."

"Wait, don't you love her? At all?", Jason asked me crying. Huh. I can't believe my bestfriend is a crybaby. Why the hell is he crying? What a douche bag. "No, I do love her, Jay. But I love you as much. I can't live without BOTH of you. I love you guys way too much to let you guys go like that. I know this may sounds weird, but I'm not mad about being broken-hearted. I'm mad at the fact that both of you hide this from me. It must have hurt a lot right?",I say my awesome speech. Gosh, I'm good at this. Being cool. You know what I mean.

I'm really hopeless, aren't I? I'm just too cool to be true. Letting my girlfriend go just like that. Then I felt someone wrapped around me. Sarah is hugging me, crying. She kept on saying thank you. Even Jason was sobbing now, to the point that his snot was coming out. What a crybaby. "Guys, don't cry.", "Bill, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you, I do, but I love Jay as well. To the point that it hurts, so much. I was so afraid of hurting you. I don't want to hurt you. And so does Jay. We both love you too much.", I just listen to her explanation.

She's too nice for her own good. "Stupid.", I hit both of their heads. I can't help it. That's the only way to punish them."Ouch, dude!", see? They've started to complain now. What a kid."It hurts me more knowing that I've hurt you guys so much. So have fun okay? I'm thinking of going to my hometown and visit my family again. It's been ten years. I'll see you guys next time. And take care of the company for a while okay?", and I walked away. I heard a loud 'thank you' from both of them and I just smile. I don't know why, but I felt happy. Very happy for my best friend's happiness. I'm happy for them. I'm really happy for them. I really am. I really, really am.

***

I don't really know what to feel at this moment. I'm happy yet I'm hurt. I'm happy that the people I love are finally together now but somewhere in the corner of my heart, I felt hurt. The relationship that I tried my best to built for the last 10 years has gone to a complete waste. I literally sacrificed everything I had just for her. I still remember the day when I abandon my family for her. I left the house without even thinking twice.

7 years ago

"Mom, please, let me marry her. I know I can take care of her. Of my baby. It's my responsibility. Please! I beg of you!",I begged my mom crying. My girlfriend Sarah was pregnant after our little activity that night. It was suppose to be just like the other nights where we'll only end up having fornication and not getting our ass into trouble. But luck is not really on my side. She got pregnant. I know I just have to marry her, especially since she was an orphan. I have to be there for her. I can't leave her alone.

"Billy, you're too young to make this kind of decision. About the baby, we'll think about it together okay? It's fine. You're too young to get married. You're only 16 years old.", said my mom. She never trust me on my decision. I know I can take care of her. I hate it when she's treating me like a little kid. I'm a freaking 16 years old! I'm old enough to take care of my own child! "No mom, I'm going to take care of her no matter what."," Bill, you're not thinking this straight. Think about it, if you--","Mom. Choose, my marriage or I'm getting out of this house.", I made my final decision and I waited for her answers. After ten minutes she was still speechless and act all blurr. I guess she has made her choice. I pulled Sarah's wrist and pulled her out of the house. All this time, she has been trying to calm me so I won't shout at my mother. I guess she failed at that.

But I regretted it right away. I wanted to go back, I really wanted to come back home but I refuse to do so. I don't want to let go of my pride. My ego was as high as Mount Everest that I continue to just book a hotel and work part time at the mall. I tried my best on feeding Sarah, to keep our baby healthy but it seems to have failed. We lost the baby. Because of my stupid selfish pride, I lost my baby.

Sarah almost went crazy because of it. I thought I was going to lose her as well. I never wanted that to happen. I never planned it to be that way. I just wanted a happy family with my baby and I failed. That's why, I worked extra hard just to make Sarah smile. And that continued for the next few years.

Until now...

I woke up finding myself crying over the old painful memory. I really wanted a child. I really wanted my child. Yet I killed him. I was hoping to name him together with Sarah as a family but it didn't happen. I look up and saw no one in the train except for one young girl. She look so beautiful. Maybe a highschool-er. She looked up at me and said, "Amazing huh, how sacrifices works on humans. It's almost pitiful."

"Huh what?", I was confused. And scared of her words. It was as if she knows about it. She just smiled and says weird random things again."Go back to your house. They've must be so worried since you've never came back." How does she knows that? Is she a stalker? I have to get away from this girl. Fast. "Oh, and one more thing. Good luck. You might find things you want to forget." I took one last look at her and she just disappeared.