19 - Truth be told

Start from the beginning

   "Of course! God, I love you S-Lucas." I stop in my tracks.

   "I love you too!" He smiles happily, wrapping his arms around me.

   Did he notice? Was I going to say Sebastian? Yup, I'm officially hopeless.

-

"I still cannot believe Shane asked me!" She shrieks, adjusting her curls. Maya had already done our hair earlier, this way our curls won't be crazy for the afternoon.

"I can! You two are soul mates," I chuckle, applying mascara to my top lashes. I carefully brush some on, then curl them manually with my finger.

"I just can't wait! It's going to be magical," She says happily, swerving her makeup brush around her cheeks.

"It sucks that we have to arrive early because we're on the committee," I sigh.

"Yeah, but I don't mind," She shrugs, playing with her curls once again. "So, what's happening between you and Sebastian?" She raises an eyebrow.

"I'm not sure. He's been talking non-stop about some girl he desperately wants to ask out," I lie. I've been making him talk, by asking questions. I know it's me, I have to be the girl. I want to be the girl.

   "I say you give him a chance," She smiles, struggling to slip her earring through the hole in her ear.

   I snap my head at her, taking a seat on my bed. "What do you mean give him a chance?"

   "Well," She fixes her other earring and continues. "I can see their is chemistry between you two. Dance with him, give the boy a chance. I have a feeling he likes you!" She smirks,

   "Maya, I'm in love with Lucas. Did you forget or something?" I roll my eyes, slapping on a coat of lipgloss. As the words escape my lips, I feel a slight pain in my chest. I'm lying to my best friend.

   "I don't believe that. I am your best friend Ari, I can tell you feel something for Sebastian." She sits down beside me.

"I don't," I lie, searching for my dress in Maya's closet.

"Whatever you say!" She sighs.

    We fall into a comfortable silence, Maya and I both continue to get ready. I slip on my strapless dress, adjusting the top.

   "I told you that shade would look good on you!" She smiles.

    "Please, look at yourself," I chuckle. Maya's outfit is already in full gear. Her hair, her makeup, her shoes and her gorgeous dress. A light purple halter dress, with the smallest ounce of sparkle.

    Mine however, is a Tiffani blue strapless that falls to my ankles. It's simple yet it suites me.

The loud sound of the doorbell startles us both, "Ready?" Maya smiles.

"More ready than I'll ever be." I chuckle, linking my arm in hers. I stop myself from making any subtle movements. Oh fuck it.

   "I like him so much I think I'm going crazy," I say softly.

    Her eyes light up with joy and shock. She bounces away from me, a squeal escaping her lips. "Oh my God! I KNEW IT! I knew it, I knew it!" She hops up and down like a child, screaming as loud as she can.