~10~

Picture of Maya (Zion and Jocelyn's mother)

"Oh, there's my baby girl!" Mom squealed as she squeezed Jocelyn in a hug. She had just arrived with her husband and two sons, Lucian (8) and Chet (6) who were our half brothers.

Mom turned to see me and outstretched her arms. I smiled and let her hug me. "Hey, Zay!"

"Hi, Mom."

She let me go and analyzed Jocelyn and I side by side. "Wow. Geez, stop growing, I can't keep up."

"You know about the dinner?" Jocelyn asked our mom.

"Well, yeah. I mean, Nolan's cooking, right?"

I nodded and she smiled.

"You came for the food, didn't you?"

"No, but my husband did."

Jocelyn cracked a smile, not offended by it. "He gets it!"

As the sun began to set, we started up some music and literally everyone we knew began pouring in.

Scarlett came with her two dads, Tyler and Darren.

"There he is!!" Jocelyn pointed at Tyler with mock rage. He looked up, his eyes wide like a deer caught in head lights.

"What'd I do?" He asked. My sister didn't reply as she charged at him.

"Fuck!" He pushed Scarlett in front of him as Jocelyn chased him out of the house.

"Get him, Jos! Get his ass, baby! Daddy's so proud of you!" I heard my dad yelling from the kitchen.

Scarlett's eyes met mine and she jogged over to me. "Hi."

"Hey. You dressed nice, as usual."

She smirked. "My dad's a fashion designer. Hey, um... I'm sorry about today."

"Nah, it's cool. You might've actually been right. I just didn't wanna believe it."

"Why, what happened?"

"Rage is throwing a big party this Saturday and nobody told me. He's the huge guy on the football team."

"That's awful. Why didn't he tell you?"

"No idea. Not that it matters. Jaxon's taking me out that day."

Scarlett scoffed. "UN-believable."

I wondered why she would say that but instead I asked, "Hey, where's Jonah?"

"He'll be here. Did you invite Jax?"

"Yep."

"Is he coming?"

"Nope. He hung up on me."

She placed her hand on her hip. "Is he still PMSing?"

I shrugged. "Today was just supposed to be a normal day for me to calm down and not think about people."

Scarlett laughed. "And then a period ruins it. It's always the periods."

"Uh, Nolan? Why's your daughter spanking a grown man's ass in the middle of the street?" I heard someone say and I whirled around to see Mr. Cooper. Jace Cooper, to be specific. He had just stepped into the house, carrying his son Jonathan France, who was seven I believe.

"France! That's my baby!" Scarlett gushed. "He's the cutest, omg. I'm ditching you, Z, sorry!"

I chuckled. "It's cool."

"Yes!" She cheered, running over to Jace. She snatched France out of his arms and the boy was already giggling. Jace was also married to a man. His name was Shane, and he was guiding their daughters, Astra and Adaliz, into the large house.