Files (5)

Alexia's POV

Jackson sat on the foot of the bed, looking over the file Tyler had given him before, on the stairs.

I leaned over his shoulder and he didn't seem to have a problem with me reading it, so I just kept scanning my eyes over the words.

'Name: Ian Conners
Spouse: Maria Conners
Children: Samuel Conners
Alexia Conners
Location:'

I stopped reading because I was quite scared that the next thing printed was my address. How could people get that so easily?

Then there was a summary of my dad's life, starting with who his parents were and going trough his life from when he met mom, to when he had Sam and then 4 years later, me.

Then, Jackson changed the position of the file with another file that was in his hands.

A knot formed in my stomach at the name on top of the paper.

Alexia Conners

I silently gasped and began to read over the file, seeing how much they knew about me. They had my full name, parents, brother, birthday, address, location of birth, friends, and a summary of my life.

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. This Mafia man in front of me had access to top secret things, and not just my life. Lives around the world could've been violated by this man.

I backed away from him and he turned around, giving me a weird look.

"You're violating people's lives." I whispered with a hint of disgust. Jackson sighed and placed the files down next to him.

"Babe, it's what I do."

I never really questioned why this Mafia man, terrifying, intimidating, deadly man was so soft to me, calling me sweet names and stopping himself before we went too far.

"Have you ever killed anybody?" I asked, feeling as if I already knew the answer, seeing as the bullet my father took could have gone through his heart. Then I mentally face palmed. Of course he's killed people Alexia, he's a mafia leader.

Jackson blew out a stream of air and turned back around, continuing to look at more files. I scoffed. He can't even answer my question.

I got up off the bed and began to walk to the door when the bed squeaked and an arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me back.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jackson asked with a hint of anger laced in his voice.

I looked out the balcony to see the sky a mix of dark blues and pinks.

"We'll eat in the morning." Jackson stated and tossed the files to his wooden desk and stood up, instantly taking off his shirt.

I looked away quickly, but a hand grabbed my chin and turned my head around. I was greeted with abs beyond abs, but not to the point where it's disgusting. My eyes trailed back up to his face and he was smirking.

"Like what you see?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I've seen better." I scoffed, walking to the bed and taking off my pants and shirt, leaving me in my black undergarments. I knew it was a bad idea but I felt so gross. I was going to ask for a shirt but before I could, I heard him stomp his foot.

Jackson growled from his throat like he did earlier today. He was angry.

"Who have you seen better from." He growled, without the question like tone. He was more of demanding me to answer.

"My boyfriend back home, duh." I said in a tone and Jackson's face scrunched in anger.

I was ready to pee my pants laughing because none of this was true and he was getting so worked up.

"Name?" He barked and I quickly said the first name that came to mind.

"Trevor." I said without hesitation.

Jackson sneered at me and then shoved me on to the bed. He roughly began to kiss me and I was shocked at first, even though he's kissed me before. He seemed to let all his anger out through the kiss.

Suddenly, this power took over me and I began to kiss back. Jackson seemed to grunt in approval before plunging his tongue into my mouth, so warning.

I ran out of breath so I pulled away and trailed his kisses to my ear, taking my earlobe between his teeth and tugging. I moaned quietly and he then trailed his kisses down my jaw line to to my neck.

I moaned again, this time a little louder.

"Jackson." I breathed. He looked up at me with lust-coated eyes and nodded.

"There is no Trevor."

I swear I saw the weight being lifted off his shoulders as he let out a long breath of relief.

He then got off of me and raked his eyes all over my half-exposed body.

"You shall never let another male see you in this attire, understood?" He barked and I nodded, understanding. But like hell I was going to follow through with that.

He then crawled into the soft bed and I did the same, pulling the covers over the both of us.

Jackson turned off the lamp on his bedside table and I did the same with mine.

But, I was shocked when he faced away from me and closed his eyes.

He wanted me to warm up to him before sleeping with me. That seemed to warm my heart but I couldn't sleep, knowing a man that treated me incredibly could easily cuddle with me. But the chills ran back up my spine, stopping me from feeling the warmth in my heart.

I was terrified for my life.