Chapter 40

Hey guys! Well here we are chapter 40 and this is where things start to kick off :) Yay so I hope u enjoy this. I want to dedicate this chapter to Serpents_in_my_mind for writing a BRILLIANT Daryl Dixon fanfic called Running. So everyone pls go follow her and read her amazing fanfic. Thanks. OK on  with the chapter.

The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone” - Harriet Beacher Stowe

I finally came round and felt myself being.... moved? Something was juttering below my body and then my hearing became clear. The roaring of a car engine shot through my ears and slowly but surely I heard voices. Michonne's and... Merle's!

"You're as much on the outside as I am, girl. They don't want you there, none of 'em. Not even my kind little sister does. She's just lyin' through her teeth about how much she wants you there." Merle said.

"I don't believe that. Angel may be some things but she is not a lier. I know that. I trust her. Anyway. maybe I am on the outside. But at least once The Governor's done with me, I won't have to live with myself." She replied, coolly. And I knew she was right. Merle couldn't escape what he had done in his life. Killed people, abused them, left Daryl and me. Been out for himself all the way. And now he was gonna sacrifice Michonne's life, mine and his future niece or nephew's. I wanted to agree with her but the shock of being knocked unconscious by Merle had robbed of me of speech. I could only say one word.

"Michonne." I murmured.

But before she could say anything, Merle jumped in unwelcoming. "Well, well, well. Look who's finally awake. Had a nice nap?" He asked, his tone dripping with insolence.

It was enough to set me off. I tried to raise my hand to punch him but I realized it was bound in front of me to the other hand with rope. My anger flared more. "Merle, you bastard!" I shouted, kicking the back of his seat with my left foot.

"Hey, Angelina, stop that. It ain't gonna do you any good, gettin' all pissed off. Much less your kid. I'm just doin' what I have to do." He defended himself.

"Like what? Sacrificin' your sister and her unborn child's lives? You asshole!" I exploded, my temper erupting.

"You made the deal, sis!" He shot back. "So you should have thought of it before going and gettin' yourself knocked up. And that ain't the point. I'm doin' what you wanted me to do in the first place. You get to kill The Governor. But this is the thanks I get. Can't please some people." 

"There's a difference between helping someone and knocking them out!" I countered, strongly. Michonne watched us, quietly. She didn't let it show, but I knew that my defiance was amusing her,

Merle sighed. "What did you expect me to do? I had to get you there somehow. And I knew if you came along conscious, you'd make a big show and dance 'bout it." He said.

"I would have done nothin' of the sort!" I snapped. Merle was really starting to piss me off. 

"Oh, please. Cut the crap, Angelina. I know you. From the moment you were born, you always made a drama of things. If yer cut your knee after fallin' over like the klutz yer were you were convinced you were dyin'. So don't gave me that "I would'nt have done that" shit. We both know its true." He retorted and the silence fell between us.

I flopped back against the seat. I was sitting up and I was glad. Michonne turned her head around slightly to face me. She smiled slightly but her eyes were expressionless. "You ok?" She asked.

I nodded. "A bit. Pissed off at bein' betrayed by my brother but hey, what else did I expect?" I hissed.

"Oh shut yer mouth Angelina before yer give me the pleasure of shutting it for you!" He threataned.