Chapter 23

Ok, so Chapter 23. This is where all the proper plot starts. Hope u like and if u do; pls vote, comment, add, follow. Its like food and water to me lol. xx

The video to the right is a montage of season 3. The song is Radioactive by Imagine Dragons and its addictive! lol. Hope u like xxx

We regrouped in the cell block to discuss the aftermath of what had just happened. The Governor and his minions had driven a huge truck through the prison gate.  Axel had been shot dead by the Governor's army. Now all the prisoners were dead. It was just us. Michonne joined us While we'd been gone, a man called Tyreese, his sister Sasha and their friends, a father and son had turned up. Carl and Hershel had saved them from walkers and they had joined us as well, it seemed. Caleb and Cori were safe thankfully. Caleb shot me a smile. God, I'd missed him. I wanted to just cuddle in his arms and block all this out. But I couldn't. We had to decide wheretherr to stay - or run.

"We're not running." Rick said. "We can't."

"No, it's better to live like rats."  Hershel replied sarcastically. "Just get picked off one by one."

"You got a better idea?" Rick asked him, shooting him a dirty look. 

He nodded. "Yeah, we should have run and lived to fight another day. We should do that now."

I shook my head. "There's no point. If we do, what makes you think he won't try and hunt us out elsewhere? We fought hard for this, we have to stay here. And anyway, we lost that option. He's probably got scouts watching our every move." I argued.

Daryl gritted his teeth in anger. "We ain't scared of that prick."

"Y'all should be." Merle's voice warned. We whipped our heads around to see Merle striding in. He leant against a cell door. "That truck through the fence thing, shoot, that's just him ringin' the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, he could just starve us out if he wanted to."

Glenn shook at Merle's voice and whispered to Rick, "Let's put him in the other cell block." I bit my lip at Glenn. God, what had Merle done to him that was so badd he was shaking?

Rick shook his head. "No. He's got a point." He replied. "This is all you. You started this."

Hershel huffed. "What difference does it make whose fault is it? What do we do? We should leave. Now." He said.

Rick shook his head again stubbornly. "No, we can't just sit here." He said and started to leave the room.

"Get back here!" Hershel yelled at him. We all jumped. God, I would never have said before that Hershel had a temper on him.

Rick stopped in his tracks and turned to face him. Hershel hobbled over to him. "You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it.  We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said if we stayed, this wasn't a democracy anymore. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something." He ordered. Rick nodded and walked out. Carl followed him.

I sighed and moved past the others to go to my cell. I was exhausted from everything and just wanted to rest. Caleb follwed me at once.

"You ok?" He asked. I nodded wearily and went inside the cell. I flopped down on my bunk. "I'm glad you came back." He said.

I smiled. "I promised, didn't I?" I replied. He shrugged. "Yeah, I know. But I didn't know when you'd come back."

I smiled again. "Come here." I said, sitting up and beckoning him to me. He walked towards me and we kissed.