Competition Part III

With a sigh, the pink-headed woman closed the door to her luxurious apartment and took off her jacket. It was an exhausting day to say the least. She was never good with confrontations and that bastard Uchiha didn't make it any easier for her. As much as she would love to flop down on her bed and spend the rest of the night dreaming unlikely instances that would make her smile in the night, but frown in the morning, she had work to do. Despite having an office at her usual workplace, she owned a company as a whole with sponsors and clients constantly trying to keep in touch with her. She had to answer numerous emails day and night, so having a full nights rest was never a common occurrence for Sakura.

After making a warm cup of tea to calm her nerves that would arise for the night's work, she sat down at her small desk and opened her laptop, closing her eyes in dread for a moment before opening her inbox.

It was no surprise to see hundreds of emails. The only thing that surprised her was the heading of an email from the email address with the word 'Uchiha' in it. Furrowing her eyebrows in curiosity, she opened the tab that was titled 'You Owe Me.'

Haruno,
I had the decency to freely give you a billboard spot located at the highway. It's only fair you repay me. Call the number below and we'll discuss more details.

-Sasuke Uchiha

Sakura looked at the number and was incredibly reluctant to even punch the numbers into her phone. However, to get him off her back, she did so. After hearing three rings, that rich voice invaded her ears.

"So you've finally called," he said.

Rolling her eyes, she replied, "If you wanted me to repay you, you should've talked to me about it when I was in your office. You're wasting my time."

"Hn, I could easily take back that billboard location. Keep up the attitude and see what happens," his ego was showing through his tone at that point.

Scoffing, Sakura replied with hate laced in her voice, "Are you threatening me?"

After a few moments of silence, Sasuke was quick to the point by saying, "Meet me at the bar where work parties usually take place in 30 minutes. I'm sure you know where I'm talking about."

"Wha-" before she could even finish saying a single word, the line went dead.

That bastard hung up on me.

~*~*~*~*~*~

He was right, she knew exactly where he wanted to meet her. It was a walking distance away from her home and she hesitated before opening the door. To be completely honest, she wasn't in the mood to drink, especially with him. They were no longer foes in the business world, but she had no desire to talk to him at this point in time. She had too much work to do.

She spotted his back as soon as she walked in. Sasuke was drinking his usual drink, scotch on rocks. He looked very collected as usual, little to no expression on his sharp features, and maintained nonchalant body language. Sitting down in the bar stool next to him, Sakura put her purse down as his eyes averted to her.

The bartender smiled and said, "What would you like, miss?"

"A water is fine, thank you," she replied.

"No tequila?" The Uchiha asked with curiosity.

Nodding a thank you at the bartender for bringing her water, she said, "I'm not in the mood to drink."

"Hn," was all he said as he took another sip of his drink.

Turning towards him, she asked sarcastically, "So how should I repay you for your kindness, Mr. Uchiha?"

He didn't even look at her when he said, "You're paying for my drink."

"That's all you want? Well," she opened her wallet and took out some money and placed it on the table before saying,  "if that's so, I'll leave this here and go."

His onyx eyes stared at the money for a moment and then saw the Haruno moving from her seat. Quickly, his hand gripped her wrist, forcing her to sit down once more. Her eyes glared daggers at him as she watched him take another sip, his hand still on her wrist, as if he wasn't even aware of what he just did.

"Are you already drunk?!" Sakura questioned.

He put the empty glass down and looked at her, "I wasn't done talking."

Sighing in irritation, she said, "Please finish then. I'd like to leave and you're acting like a leech that I can't get rid of."

The Uchiha turned his full body towards her and gave her an intense stare before saying, "This is what you're going to do to repay me: you're going to free your schedule at 5 p.m. tomorrow and you're going to meet me again at this exact spot."

Gulping at his demanding tone, Sakura said, "May I ask why you want to meet here again?"

"It's relatively simple," he took his hand off her wrist, "consider tomorrow a date that you can't get out of."

Her green eyes widened a bit at his response and he stood up from the bar stool and said before departing, "See you tomorrow."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Alrighty, sorry if this one-shot is bad and super short. This is my first time updating using my phone and I don't really like it ;-; Plus, I haven't written in a while so I'm trying to get back in the groove of things. I really do apologize for this bad one-shot, I just had to publish this quickly.

Anywho, I might make a part 4, I don't know yet. I may just decide to leave whatever happens up to the readers.

This one-shot has also kicked off the update spree that the Anime community has asked me to participate in, so expect more for the next week.

#theanimefanfictionsawaken
(I'm supposed to put that after each chapter during the update spree).