Let It Burn

This was a requested idea from @meowmeowpqr . This one-shot is based off a song by Red called "Let It Burn."

The setting is IF Sasuke were to destroy Konoha.

(Only the first verse and chorus are in this)

Enjoy

~*~*~*~

|I watch the city burn. These dreams like ashes float away|

My eyes widen as I notice the flames throughout the village. Citizens of Konoha were screaming in terror as the flames were spreading.

How could this happen?

How could he do this?

All the days we spent searching. . . All of the faith we had. . . The strength we used up. . . The optimism. . .

Gone.

I felt the tears well up in my emerald, green eyes, and all I wanted to do was scream and sob.

|Your voice I never heard. Only silence|

The memories of the old days during our time in Team 7 came rushing at me like a wave. His silence spoke a thousand words to me then, and now I can seem to tell what he's feeling.

All I see is darkness in him.

I shake my head in denial at what's happening. My tears begin falling on the roof beneath me. I then hear a piercing scream, and I whip my head to the direction of the dreaded sound.

|It all crashed down|

There he was. His sword was penetrated in a young girl's chest. I watched the light leave her eyes, and Sasuke swiftly took the sword out. He wiped off the blood with his hand and walked away like it was nothing.

"N-No. . ." I whispered in utter shock.

I made a run for it. Jumping from roof to roof, I kept my eyes on the Uchiha, and my heart hurt every second I kept looking at him. Once I was close enough, I landed a few yards behind him. He stopped immediately, probably sensing I was there. My breathing became heavy.

"How. . . How did you become this way?" I asked.

There was a moment of silence.

"Sakura."

I waited, but he disappeared from his spot in front of me. I gasped, then turned around. I saw his katana coming at me, and his expression held no eagerness, nor regret.

Absolutely emotionless.

I jumped away from the spot he was targeting me from. I could hear the impact of the kusanagi on the ground. He turned to me, and stared.

"Where is he?!" I screamed, "Where's the Sasuke-kun we once knew?!"

|Never thought that you'd deceive me. Where are you now?|

Sasuke smirked at my question, "This is him."

That sentence hit me with pain. I clutched my chest, wanting to wake up from this horrid nightmare.

"You're not him. . ." I retorted softly.

|How long can you stand the pain? How long will you hide your face? How long will you be afraid? Are you afraid?|

"Sasuke-kun. . ." I continued, "Isn't this painful for you?"

He tilted his head at my question, "Painful? This makes me feel powerful."

"Wha-" He cut me off.

He clenched his fist, "It gives me power knowing I can kill each and every one of you." Sasuke smirked viciously.

|How long will you play this game? Will you fight or will you walk away? How long will you let it burn? Let it burn?|

"When are you going to stop this?!" I shouted.

"Hn. Stop what?" He replied.

"Stop this-this madness? I know that deep down you're still there, Sasuke-kun. Come back to us!"

He began making hand signs, then put his hand down, with his other hand holding his wrist. The sound of a thousand birds was heard throughout the area, and a ball of lightning was laid beneath his hand.

"Fine. . ." I replied to his action, then put my head down as I heard his footsteps racing towards me.

"If the Sasuke-kun I once knew is gone. . ." I looked up, and watched him come closer, "Then I wish to be gone with him."

My mouth gaped open at the impact. I felt a tremendous pain in the pit of my stomach. Sasuke's head was right next to mine, and blood seeped out of my mouth, trailing down my chin. He took his hand slowly out of my stomach, and my head fell on his chest.

Sasuke put his hand on my head, and said, "I wish you didn't get involved."

|Let it burn|