CHAPTER 5 - PART 2

The runway was going under. We were out of time. A horn just behind me blared to life to confirm my fear. And something large and robotic shot out of the ocean and shot its bright lights directly on me.

"This is the Proc Security Alert (PSA) system and you are in direct violation of Code 14-AR of the District of Proc 1, sections 133-A-74 and 1200-J of the Code of Judiciary Law and the World Order Agreement. This sector is off limits to all personnel. Stand down immediately, or we will be forced to initiate RECALL. You have three seconds to comply."

The robotic voice blared over the waves and thunder. Chaos broke out on the runway deck as the soldiers opened fire on the PSA craft. Their volleys bit into the metallic armor of the crab-like machine harmlessly.

The white strobe lights switched to red and a new siren echoed from the PSA.

"You are under arrest for attempted disruption of the peace, unlawful attempt to gain access to a private facility, and refusing to comply with World Order statutes. You have the right to World Order Council. If you do not wish to accept this council, you forfeit your rights, and will be prosecuted as a Renegade of the State. Do you understand your rights?"

"Yeah, we heard you loud and clear!" roared the captain.

He pulled out a Pellit-490 Blaster and aimed it at the PSA. The ion crystals burned blue as the blaster charged a laser.

"Here's your rights," he yelled, and squeezed the trigger, launching a blue bolt of energy at the PSA.

The laser beam sliced through one of the wings of the metallic PSA's armor. Immediately turrets dropped from each of the three propellers on the PSA and opened fire.

I watched as the captain was hit by the first sonic wave and launched off his feet. He didn't move after. Two more soldiers went flying over the floodbanks as two more sonic propulsions crashed into their bodies.

I held my arms in front of my face as the PSA hovered over the runway and shined a spotlight on me.

"Stand down," the robotic voice boomed.

Another blue beam smacked into the control center of the PSA, igniting cracks of electric bolts and fire to jut out of its pod. The robotic voice turned to garbled gibberish as it continued its orders.

More of the soldiers had Pellit-490 Blasters harnessed on their shoulders, charging their ion crystals for the next volley.

I ran towards the control booth. As I passed by one of the soldiers readying to launch his fully charged beam, I heard a loud pop. I turned to see his blaster fall to the pavement, his body gone. Only a puff of mist remained.

I was never going to make it. Why did I ever leave my cell!