Chapter 23

*DEAN’S POV*

I watched as Kelsey made her way out the curtain and the crowd went nuts. They were loving her. She had found me and Roman earlier to tell us about her match and we both had promised to watch but my mind was elsewhere. My mind was on the fact that Cesaro had stepped into my place while I had given Kelsey space so she wouldn’t be getting talked about like she was when she was with me. She didn’t deserve a ruined reputation because of me. I wasn’t that special. Not to her, not to anyone.

Kelsey clotheslines Paige but Paige kicked out at 2. These girls had amazing chemistry in the ring. I guess it helps when they are friends. Just like Roman and I. I tried to concentrate on the tv but it was hard with all the thoughts in my head. It didn’t take long for me to zone out completely until Cesaro walked in. “What did I miss?” he asked.

Roman glanced away from the tv for a second as Cesaro sat down next to him, I on the other side of Roman. “Just the girls giving one hell of a show,” Roman said while I stayed silent.

Cesaro had been a friend of mine for years and I was irritated that he was trying to steal my girl. Kelsey is mine and Cesaro was walking a thin line with me right now. The match ended as Kelsey pulled her finisher on Paige and the ref counted to 3. Kelsey was the winner.

“Well, I’m going to be hearing about this match all night,” Cesaro said with a chuckle.

My senses perked up. “What do you mean, you’re going to hear about it all night?” I asked defensively.

“I’m riding with them again. My car still isn’t fixed  and I’m not riding with Bo.”

“hmm, well you’re not the only one that’s going to hear about it all night, cuz I’m riding with them, too,” I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest as I leaned back in my chair.

Roman gave me a ‘really’ look while Cesaro stood up. “Well, I will see you later then, Dean,” Cesaro said.

“yeah, whatever. Later.”

Once Cesaro had left the room, Roman turned to me. I was still in my slouched position with my arms crossed over my chest. “This is ridiculous. You’re acting like a two year old,” Roman said.

“I am not!” I defended.

“You and Kelsey need to sit down and have a little talk. You both need to voice your feelings and get this shit over with. It’s exasperating!”

“Its not that easy, Roman. We have a complicated relationship.”

“complicated my ass. More like neither of you have the balls to speak what everyone else already knows. Just tell her, man, and get it over with so we can all be happy.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Roman stood and sighed. “Two year olds,” was all he said before leaving the room.

I sat there in the same position for most of the night. I had my match before Kelsey’s so there wasn’t much else for me to do but wait until I could be in the car with her. I didn’t move when Roman came in to change out of his gear either. All Roman said to me before cheating to the door was, “two year olds.”

“I’m not acting like a two year old!”

“then man up and tell her how you feel.”

I was tired of him pushing and instead, I quickly stood,  getting in his face but he didn’t flinch. He was my best friend afterall, so he knew me like a book. “Its not that damn easy now will you stop pushing me!”