Chapter 14

*DEAN'S POV*

I walked into the stupid club with Roman. A lot of superstars and Divas were here to celebrate after Mania and of course, Roman had to drag me along. He may have been in a good mood after winning tonight but he forgot that I had lost. Lesnar just wouldn't stay down and those suplexes really hurt after awhile. Besides, everything with Kelsey didn't help the matter.

She had gone and kissed Sheamus after what we had just done. Kissed! After she had kissed me! I thought I was good at playing the ladies but when I had seen her kiss him, I knew she had been playing me. She acts all sweet and innocent but deep down she's a lying, cyncical, little bi-

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by loud music and Roman nudging me as he motioned to the bar. I could use a drink after the night I had and followed Roman to the bar. I ordered my regular, a Jack and coke, and sat in my seat. The bartender placed my drink in front of me and I quickly took a sip. The cool liquid burned as it traveled down my throat but the burn felt so good. The people were right, I loved the hurt.

"I thought Kelsey was going to be here," Roman commented as he looked around the room.

Kelsey had told Roman about going for drinks after their match tonight and Roman had dragged me along even though I had told him numerous times I wasn't in the mood. He pulled his guilt trip on me about being his brother and best friend and how I should support him and not wallow in pity that I had lost but he didn't realize what all I had lost. There was more to my attitude than what I showed on the surface.

Roman finally found Kelsey and motioned her over to us. I took her in. From her freshly washed hair and make up free face to her t-shirt and holey jeans providing a small peak at the tanned skin beneath, all the way down to her favorite pair of combat boots. She looked perfect which made me dispose her even more. "Hey, guys," Kelsey smiled at us. She already had a drink in her hand, telling me she had been here for awhile already.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the bar and motioned for another drink. All I wanted was her but she would never realize it. Not with Sheamus in the picture anyways. I chugged the second drink and waited for the third.

"Dean, I think we should talk about what happened earlier," her sweet voice said as I felt her sit down in Roman's now empty chair. When the hell did he leave?

"What's there to talk about? You want to just be friends and I want more. It's simple and I already told you before you went kissing Sheamus, what my thoughts were," I said with a shrug.

I heard Kelsey sigh next to me and I felt a shiver run through me as she whispered my name. I knew I was being a jerk but I really wasn't in the mood for this. Not tonight but I knew Kelsey and I knew we would end up talking about this and all the times in the past we have been so close to this, yet so far apart at the same time. I thought back to every single time I had kissed her. There had been three other times. Well, four times if you count tonight, but it never lead to anything more and one of us would try to avoid talking about it. Ok, mainly I would avoid it because I wasn't sure how I felt or what I had wanted but it was different this time.

Kelsey opened her mouth to speak but I quickly changed the subject. "Where is lover boy, anyways?"

I felt Kelsey stiffen next to me and I instantly glanced at her. She quickly tried to hide what I seen in her eyes but it was already too late. I had seen the hurt and confusion written there and I felt my heart soften towards her.

"He had other plans besides the girls invited me so I thought it would be rude to invite a date."

I eyed her. I knew her too well. She was lying. The way her eyes darted away from mine and she instantly started biting her pink luscious lip. "Kelse," I said in a stern voice.