Chapter 5

Wrestlemania Week

*KELSEY'S POV*

I stretched as my alarm clock went off and quickly looked at the time. 7:30 am. I squealed and quickly climbed out of the bed. I raced across the hall to Roman's room. He had let me stay at his house over our small break from work before we headed into wrestlemania week. He had warned me about the crazy schedules and the pure glory and overwhelming stardom that comes with wrestlemania week and today happened to be the start of it. Since Roman and I were teamed together, most of everything we had to do was together although I had a few separate appearances and interviews.

"Roman! Roman! Roman!" I chanted as I pounced on the door.

I stopped as the door swung open and I was met by a very tired looking Roman Reigns. "Do you ever sleep, Kelsey? I'm going to need a week's vacation from you once this week is over so I can catch up on my sleep," Roman said as he rubbed his eyes.

"We have so much to do, Ro. You need to get up!"

"ugh, Kelsey, please just one more hour. We still have the whole day off."

"How about this, thirty minutes and I will bring you coffee!"

Roman shrugged before quickly shutting the door in my face. He really wasn't much of a morning person or maybe it was because his daughter and I had woken him up at 5 am yesterday morning. It wasn't our fault, we were just having an early morning tea party is all. Roman's wife had laughed when she had caught us while Roman had walked away shaking his head.

I turned and decided to run downstairs to the small restaurant to grab our coffee before getting changed. I found a small booth in the back of the small restaurant and waited for the waitress to bring me a cup of coffee. I waited for about five minutes when someone walked in and called my name. I turned, thinking it would be Roman but was surprised to see Dean heading to my table. He quickly sat down and stared at me from across the table.

Our night of riding together a week ago had ended up more awkward than I had hoped it would. It started out fine, just like old times, we joked and listened to our favorite songs for most of the ride but as it neared 2 am and we were still an hour away from the city, our hands had met on the dial for the radio. Both of us were ready to turn up the song but once our hands met, we had forgotten all about the music...

*FLASHBACK*

"I love this song!" I screamed as I reached for the dial, eliciting a quite chuckle from Dean.

As my hand reached for the dial, dean's hand grabbed mine as well. We both froze. The feel of his hand on mine felt so right and so wrong at the same time. I wanted him in the worst way but I wasn't about to ruin things between him and Renee if they were both so deeply in love. I slowly pulled my hand away and whispered a sorry to Dean.

Dean smiled and continued driving in silence for a little while. I felt awkward now and not sure if I should tell him how I felt or if I should keep it hidden. I gasped with surprise as Dean quickly pulled off the highway into a wayside. He found a parking spot and stopped the car. I sat in the passenger seat nervous as to what was going on. Was he going to yell at me or do something completely unexpected? He isn't the lunatic fringe for no reason. He often times just goes with the flow, with no plan in mind or no thought of the consequences that would follow.

"Listen, Kelsey. I don't know how to say this. And it may seem weird but, well, you know me. You've changed now that your in WWE. Not a bad change but a good change and I can't lie, I find it very...appealing. I'm not sure if that's the right word. I know I'm with Renee but you're all I think about lately and not in the best friend kind of way," Dean said.

I stayed silent. Was this his way of saying he liked me? I wanted him to say it for so long but this just didn't feel right. It felt wrong. Very wrong. He was already with someone and no matter how badly I wanted him, I just couldn't do it. I had seen what happens when another woman steps into the picture. It had happened to my mother and it had happened to me before I ever met Dean.

As Dean leaned across the seat and reached for me, I knew this wasn't the right place or time. I scooted closer to my door and swatted Dean's hand away. "Dean, I can't do this. I can't ruin you and Renee. It's not right," I said.

Dean looked at me with a strange look in his eyes. It was one I had never seen from him before and I was struggling to figure out what it was when Dean put the car in reverse and pulled out of the parking spot. We didn't talk the rest of the ride.

*END FLASHBACK*

I hadn't talked to Dean since then. It wasn't that I was trying to avoid him, I just wasn't sure what to say or do. I wanted him, yes, but I didn't want to be a homewrecker. I shyly glanced up at Dean who was still sitting across the table.

"What are you doing up this early?" I asked.

Dean shrugged and leaned back in his seat. "I couldn't sleep. Renee snores like a freight train," Dean replied.

I gave a small chuckle. "That's ok, Roman is sick of me waking him up and he promised to take me to see the city today. We don't have anything going on today."

"Well, if Roman won't do it, I will volunteer to do it. I'm free for most of the day and I really don't want to get stuck shopping with Renee and the Bella twins."

"Thank you, Dean, but I will wait for Roman."

Dean looked at me with that look in his eyes again. The look that I couldn't place. It made me nervous and worried all at the same time. "Listen, Kelse, about the other night-"

I put my hand up to stop him. I didn't want to ruin our friendship over one night where nothing happened. "You don't have to apologize, Dean. We were both very tired. I understand," I said as the waitress finally brought the coffee I had ordered over. I thanked her and began to get up to leave.

I sucked in a deep breath as I felt Dean's hand wrap around my forearm. I turned back and looked at him. "Kelsey, I don't want to ruin our friendship," Dean said.

I smiled and shook his hand free. "Don't worry, Deano, nothing happened," I said with a wink before walking to the elevators.