Chapter 19

Monday Night Raw was in full swing and I had gotten lucky to avoid Renee. I had heard people talking about Renee and how heart broken she was going to be to see that Dean had moved on already and with his best friend to boot! It was getting to be too much for me. I hate when people talk about me behind my back and even more so when they don't know everything and to top it off, I hadn't been scheduled for a match since Mania and was beginning to think I wouldn't ever have another.

I huffed as I threw my bag down on the floor in the women's locker room. Another night without a match. I was beginning to get frustrated with the company. Paige glanced at me as she finished lacing up her boots. "What's up, Kelse?" she asked.

"Why do I even change into my ring gear if I never get a match?" I asked, determined to find my regular clothes once again.

Paige put her hand on my arm to stop my rummaging through my bag. "Hey, I haven't been featured since Mania either. I understand but you know they can change the card at any moment and we have to be ready," she said.

I scoffed. "I'm good. I'm damn good and yet they refuse to give me a match. I don't even need a championship match. I just want a match."

Paige tore my bag from my hands and wrapped her arm around my shoulders. "come on, let's go make mischief. Keep your mind off things," she said, steering me out of the locker room.

A little while later I found myself crouched behind a crate with Paige along side me. The woman was trouble but she had been right about getting my mind off things. We had been scaring the tar out of people since we found this hiding spot and as we finished up our last fit of giggles, Paige tapped me on the shoulder and motioned for me to be quite. I peeked around the crate and seen the New Day walking down the corridor. Paige elbowed me, telling me it was my turn and as the trio got close to the crates I said, "New Day, this is your fairy godmother speaking. Stop wearing those unicorn horns already, it makes you look like douchebags."

I tried to disguise my voice by making it higher pitched and Paige giggled as New Day looked around confused. "oh, and Xavier," I said, "Francesca is dead. Making a second one ain't going to bring her back."

"Why! Why must you bring her up!" Xavier yelled as Big East and Kofi comforted him, shooting daggers down the hallway as they walked away.

Paige and I erupted in a fit of laughter once again. "See I told you this would make you better," she said through laughter.

I was about to answer between my gasps for air when suddenly someone jumped on top of the crate. "Caught ya," they said as Paige and I screamed, stumbling back into the wall.

My eyes narrowed at Dean and Roman as they sat comfortably on top of the crate we had been using as a shield, both of them chuckling at us. Paige and I both sent glares at the two men. "That was not nice," I said as I crossed my arms and walked around the crate.

"And scaring the crap out of poor superstars is nice?" Roman questioned as he repositioned his championship on his shoulder.

"Besides, sweetheart, I never said I was nice," Dean added with a smirk as he adjusted the tape on his hands.

Paige spoke up this time, "In our defense, I was just trying to cheer up Kelsey here."

"Great! Way to turn things around on me," I chided as I gave Paige a light shove.

Roman rolled his eyes at us. "You two are trouble you know," he said.

"Just be glad you haven't been on the other end of your prank stick...yet," Paige added.

"Don't you have a match or something," I asked Roman, my annoyance was wearing on me.

Roman chuckled and patted my shoulder before pulling me in for a side hug. "I do and I actually better get to the gorilla. See ya, baby girl, and please stay out of trouble."

"yeah, yeah," I said with a wave of my hand as Roman fist bumped Dean and took off down the hall.

"actually, I'm going to go FaceTime Rosa quick. I'll catch up with you later," Paige called as she left Dean and I alone in the hallway.

I hopped up on the crate next to Dean as he continued messing with the tape on his hands. "What's up with you? You seem off," I asked, noticing Dean's silence.

Dean glanced at me out of the corner of his eye and smirked. "I'm fine. Have you seen Renee yet?" he answered.

"no. I've been avoiding her. I'm not in the best mood tonight."

"Well, aren't you lucky? She searched for me and told me how sorry she was and what ever she did wrong she would fix it. She said she misses me and just wants me back."

I was silent. What could I say to that? Dean and I weren't together even though we shared a few intimate moments but it's nothing we hadn't done in the past and it never led anywhere. Why would this time be different? Yet, I knew that deep down inside of me, I wanted it to be different. I wanted to hold his hand in public, to kiss him when I wanted, and to wake up next to him every morning.

I was shook from my thoughts when Dean jumped back down to the floor. "hey, come with me to catering," he said as he held out his hand to help me down.

I was hesitant and instead asked, "why?"

"I don't want to get ambushed by Renee again. You can be my cover if she appears."

"What am I supposed to do if she does?"

Dean looked at me like I was missing something and stuck his hand out farther. "I can't hit a woman, you know that."

I rolled my eyes and accepted his hand as I hopped off the crate. "You realize I can't hit her either or I'd loose my job, right?"

Dean smirked and shrugged as we started walking down the corridor. "so?"

I gasped and playfully slapped Dean with my free hand as he still held onto my other. Dean chuckled and we began to joke around again, easing some of the tension between us, all while holding hands. I was sure this was going to get back to Renee, but I was enjoying the time with my best friend.

We entered catering as I let out a laugh at something Dean had said about his upcoming match with Chris Jericho, and we both instantly froze. Our hands fell apart as Renee sat in a corner with multiple other superstars around her, sending a glare in our direction. I heard Dean cuss under his breath before he turned and headed back out of catering.

I gave Renee a small smile before following Dean. I had to run to catch up to him. "Dean! You can't just leave me alone in there to deal with her," I called out as Dean rounded a corner.

I followed but was not prepared for what came next. Dean stopped a few feet away from me before he turned and quickly pushed my back against the wall. His lips were on mine in a desperate fashion that made my knees go weak and made the rest of my body desperate for his.

The kiss ended just as suddenly has it had started and I was left breathless and confused. Dean locked his lips before turning away from me again. "I got a match, Kelse. I'll see you later," Dean said before heading down the hallway.

I was left more confused than I had been to begin with and even more frustrated with my night. Why do things always have to be so damned confusing? I briefly brought my fingers to my lips and touched where his had been...