Becoming Philicity

Start from the beginning

When they arrived Phil was in awe. The house was huge with big wide double doors. The garden had a running fountain that glistened perfectly in the moonlight. The grass was a perfect shade of healthy green and not one blade was uneven. "This is a bit..expensive of a home Lou.." Phil said sheepishly. "Oh relax love, it's good fun." Louise calmed as they got out of the car.

As soon as they entered the house Phil was enveloped in the smell of Alcohol and the sound of loud music pulsing through the walls. She immediately changed her mind about wanting to be here but none the less kept quiet. "Come on." Lou said as she motioned for Phil to follow. Phil held her hands together in front of her and followed Louise through the crowded corridor as she opened a door for them to go inside. "Lou! How are you baby?" A lad greeted her. Phil took notice that this room was smaller than the others and had less people in it. "Hey Jax, this is my friend.. Ph.." Louise didn't know what to call Phil so Phil intervened. "Philicity." Phil said and a smile suddenly appeared on her face. She loved that name, it sounded so right when it left her lips. Lou nodded and smiled along with Phil as they went and sat down on the worn green Sofa.

"Hi, I'm PJ but you can call me Peej." A tall boy with curly brown hair said as he sat a little too close for comfort next to Phil. "Umm, Hello." She said. He seemed to lean closer to her but she just kept pulling away until she bumped Louise. Phil turned to see Louise was currently making out with Jax. 'Oh god, I'm in a snogging room.' Phil thought. Phil pushed PJ away from her and proceeded to make up an excuse saying she needed a drink and that she'd be right back before bolting out the door. Phil opened the kitchen door to reveal that it was thankfully empty. She let out a sigh before looking in the fridge for a drink so she could relax. While grabbing a glass from the cupboard, she didn't hear the door open.

Phil wasn't the party type. This was the first proper party she had ever been to but she felt like an outsider before she even stepped in the house. All her life she felt like an outsider. She never really related to anyone, they all seemed to go in different directions. Except when she met Louise. Louise didn't quite understand her at first because obviously she thought she was a boy but after awhile Louise caught on. Phil was grateful to at least have one person in her life that she could count on.

Phil was currently standing over the sink looking out the window as she drank her water when she saw a reflection in the glass. She jumped two feet in the air as she turned to see a brown haired boy leaning on the counter with a smirk plastered on his face. "Comfortable?" He asked. Phil put her glass in the sink and made her way to the door when the boy grabbed her arm. "Wait, I'm sorry." He apologized. Phil pulled her arm away but decided against leaving as she sat on a breakfast bar stool and stared at the boy. "I'm Dan, what's your name beautiful?" Dan asked. Phil blushed at the sudden compliment while Dan sat in the stool next to her. "P-Philicity.." She whispered, looking down at her hands. Dan giggled which made Phil look up to see him smiling from ear to ear. He had a nice smile. Phil scowled herself for even thinking that and went back to her hands.

"So why are you in here all alone, dressed like that?" Dan asked. He was genuinely curious as to how a woman so fine would hide away in a kitchen at a house party. "I-I'm not the party type." Phil said, still stuttering. "Obviously. Come on, tell me about yourself, after all, it is my home." He said. Phil gasped in shock as she got up from the stool. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I just am not very social and have bad people skills-" Phil began to ramble but Dan shushed her with his finger. "Wanna know a secret?" He asked her. She didn't really answer cause she knew he was going to tell her anyway. "I'm a llama." He whispered. He then proceeded to make 'llama noises' and flail his arms around causing her to giggle. "You're funny is what you are." She said in between giggles while Dan just smiled. "See? I got you to laugh!" He rejoiced around the kitchen while Phil stood there contemplating how a boy she barely knew had already had such a hold on her. "Yeah, I guess you did." She said quietly as she went back to her hands, but the smile never left her face.