22. The Boy with an Absent Presence

"This is the worst fucking night ever!" Delilah screamed.

Melon Head shoved ice cubes in her mouth but she spat them out.  "Are you trying to fucking choke me?!" 

"Take a chill pill—"

"I'm trying to prevent a demon from pushing out of my vagina!  You want me to fucking chill?!"

Pain erupted from her lower area and she clutched Melon Head's hand. 

"Breath, Del.  Breath."

"Fucking...trying..." 

HB broke through the door, cheeks burning red with her car keys still hanging from her finger.  "I came as soon as I could—woah.  Is that my blanket?!" 

"Sorry.  It was the closest thing—"

"She is not exploding her fluids all over my blanket." 

"Everyone...shut...the...fuck...up."  Glass shattered and the light bulbs burst.  Flames on the candles ignited and haunting feeling rose around the room. 

Whispers whirled around, sneaking in their ears and slung throats—tightening any words that were about to be said.  

A flash captured the room followed by a scream.

Flesh split open and she felt like she was being ripped into two.  Legs and arms poked out, Melon Head screaming and leaped back.  Fluids poured out, a river nearly pooling into the living room.  HB yelped and stumbled into the couch, pulling out her two guns.  They shook in her hands. 

Delilah's powers had already been drained from the Earth, her stay way too long to survive. 

Then everything went silent.  The lights stopped flickering.  The wind stopped moving.  The crickets fell still and the clouds even came to a stop. 

Slowly, a whisper grew in the room and Melon Head quickly hid behind the table.  The whisper grew louder, and the guns in her hand shook even harder. 

"Don't shoot it!" screamed a voice that came through the door. 

But a gunshot already went off. 

A demon screech rose in the air, hitting everyone's ear drums and even struck blood. 

The ground moved, the earth shifted and the universe woke up, sending the strings of time shaking.  Animals ran back to their dens, birds flew the opposite way. 

The screech broke glass and every mirror within close distance, the car windows shattering outside and all the bulbs burst. 

She put the gun down, covering her ears as the screech grew stronger.  Then the screech stopped.  For a moment—everyone thought it was over. 

Then another screech went off—one with a much higher pitch. Darkness shot out and Delilah screamed, feeling it claw it's way out.  She clawed at the ground, failing to gain control and she didn't even have to push. 

Her child screeched again and she felt empty and broken and shattered into a thousand pieces.

Gunshots came off again and there was many gusts of wind.  She heard cries that sounded awfully like hers and there was so many blinking lights that flashed. 

Her eyes hurt too much to make much sense of what was going on.  And Delilah saw a lot of blurry figures.  There was a ghost dressed in black and there was just so many movements. 

For a moment—time stood still as she saw yellow beady eyes staring into her eyes, getting closer and closer and she even found the yellow to be attractive and comforting and familiar. 

Then another pair of yellow eyes were next to it, both advancing even closer.  It's eyes ready to swallow her whole. 

But there was a scream and the yellow eyes shrunk back, zipping around the room in screams.  There was a crash and a few gunshots before the yellow dots faded, leaving her in darkness again.

Delilah blinked back, trying to say something but it came out as a string of moans. 

"Hush, hush," spoke a voice, a hand stroking the top of her head.  She shivered, feeling cold and naked and in pain.  Her bones felt raw, everything lost its weight and she wanted to float...float away. 

"Stay with me, Delilah.  Stay with me."

Something soft brushed against her lips and her muscles ached, everything slowly dragging out to this heavy pain. 

"Delilah.  I'm here.  I'm here for you."

"Lucan?" were her last words before the darkness finally consumed her.

+++

A/N: Please vote and comment on my story!

Tell me your thoughts on this chapter!