20. The Boy with the Cold Heart

Start from the beginning

He sighed and tried to get closer by stepping forward. Delilah stepped back, not daring to look at the icy blue eyes of her ex-fiancée.

How could she be so stupid---unable to see through the damn spell.

Why the fuck would he do this? It didn't make sense.

He stopped moving forward and raked another hand through his hair. "Okay, so my situation was kinda similar as Ryland's---"

"You and Ryland are nothing alike," she clarified and he sighed.

"Anyway, I fled to the human world after a few years later, wanting to get a good free pass for the rest of the term unlike Angel who just dropped off. I learned about Earth and all."

"Quit the excuse," Delilah snapped. "Tell me. Why the fuck did you put a spell on me, Lucan?"

He sighed, raking his hand through his hair.

He avoided her gaze, trying to find the right words as if the floor held all the answers. "I needed to get away. Unlike Ryland, I could permission to leave and ended up liking it here. I've fallen in love with this world—I've fallen in love with it more than I had with you."

"Can we talk about anything else but you," she scoffed, arms still crossed.

"I wanted to get away. Take a break and stop the life in the other world. To put it on pause. I swear I didn't know Ryland was going to be here but I guess I was just attracted to this town. Like Paris and HB. Think about it, Delilah. Why---out of all places in the world---did the spiritual beasts end up in the same location? Clearly the cosmic forces knew about the future and set everything on their board. They're just waiting for us to make our next move."

Lucan knew how Delilah felt about the Cosmic Force Board, yet he still decided to bring it up---especially at the worst time since she fucking hated the Cosmic F. Board.

Anger boiled up in Delilah's grill as she was ready to set fire to some certain people. "Are you trying to say more people have been tricking me?!"

She felt a cool air try to soothe her hot body but fought against it, owning the heat and letting it radiate off the room. "I can't believe it," she exclaimed. "You fucking asshole. You lied to me!"

"Fighting isn't the answer. You need to get out of here," he ushered but his voice was far from her mind.

"Don't fucking tell me shit!" she exclaimed. Suddenly all the glass started vibrating, the platinum records shaking on the walls, some even falling to the floor.

"That doesn't give you the fucking right to lie to me?! You were a good fiancée but did you have to lie to me and put a smell on me to for magic," she continued to spit.

"It's not safe for you and the—"

"Stop!" she screeched and the glass broke.

He paused and then the world actually stopped for her. With the help of Frost of course. He took the fucking terms literal.

"Why the fuck did you take that literally?" she spat.

He shrugged and put his hands up. "Just chill. Please."

"You don't fucking tell me to chill!"

The lights flickered and things began floating up, furniture lifting up to the ceiling and just floating like ghosts.

"Delilah," he said, voice thick with concern.

But she didn't hear him. She heard the strings in her patience cutting and the gears burning steam in her mind. "You followed me?!"

"I didn't--"

"I told you to stay away!"

"Del--"

"Fuck off!" All the furniture crashed towards Lucan and he brought his arm up, covering his whole body in a gust of wind and shot the wind forward, blowing the tables and couches back.

Things dented in the walls and he stepped towards Delilah, grabbing her hands. "You're not okay! You have to go! C'mon, I'll get you out of here--Ouch!" He clutched his wrist, the heat radiating off her skin burning his skin.

Delilah shoved him away and put a finger to his chest. "Don't fucking talk to me, Lucan! I don't want to fucking see you again!" She stormed away, the table legs and chairs rattling. She left the room and the lights stopped flickering, a low buzz leaving Lucan alone.

She started to run, ripping those stupid, stupid shoes off and began to speed down the hallway.

She shoved people out of her way, ignoring the shouts and shrieks and annoyed looks. She blasted through the door, the coldness trying to wrap itself around her but the heat throwing off was like flames.

She kept running, the snow falling even faster now. Layers began to grow and she didn't know where she was running, the world changing under her feet. She felt the snow drowning her legs as she trudged through, the sky white and the ground white and she was still on fire.

The galaxies glitch, this sudden shift of power being shot of Delilah messing with the forces.

Suddenly, she collapsed on her knees and threw her head back in a big wail. Her scream shot to the sky, shaking every living being who was above.

The galaxies next door felt the vibrations and she didn't stop, allowing her throat to burn and then her lungs, the tears even stinging down her cheeks.

She felt like she was being ripped apart. Everything inside of her tearing--her heart, her mind and---

Pain erupted on her side and she fell forward, clutching her lower stomach. "Oh for seven fucking sins," she breathed and screamed again.

It was happening.

The baby was coming.  

+++

A/N: 

Well shit.  Horrible timing, cosmic forces... horrible timing.  

I wonder where Ryland is ...

Please vote and comment. 

AND LOL. Yeah, Lucan was lowkey another crazy ex-fiancee (cough, cough, Jack Frost).  

Who would've guessed?

Please vote when you have the chance!

xx 3.14