19. The Boy with the Bottle and First Show

Start from the beginning

He felt it again.  That familiar tingle running up his arm.  It happened each time she smiled.  

The stage began to rumble.   

Ryland heard the crowd screaming his name. Screaming his friend's name. Screaming the band name. It was electrifying. The sound was like dancing in gold.  The familiar tingle vanished at this ravishing sound, his heart swallowed into the desire of fans. 

"Ryland?" Delilah called, but he was already lost in the flashing lights of cameras and roar of the crowd wanting more.  

This was only the beginning.  

After the show, the money started piling in. 

Another month later and Delilah was starting to lose her angel.  Fed up and frustrated, today was going to be the day.  She was going to tell Ryland the truth.  The pregnancy, her true identity as ruler of the underworld... his true identity.

Because the closer she was to falling for Ryland, the farther away he seemed to get.  

Her hair was done up in a messy bun. Just how he liked it.

That was probably the same style she had it in when they first met. Delilah coloured her lips in a lipstick called Devil Red which she thought was extremely funny.

She squeezed her body into a little red dress for the occasion and she knew Ryland knew very well she never wore dresses. So the fact she was doing it for such a special night made the little voice inside of her hope that he'd appreciate these small notions she forgot about.

She tucked the loose curl behind her ear and took one last look in the mirror. Her human, brown muddy eyes stared back, the bulbs of the backstage mirror actually showing off this human features she wasn't used to.

Well actually, she was now more than used to it ever since she came here.

Delilah didn't understand what was about it but the human world was much more comforting than Hell.

Perhaps it was the emotions tied into the world and the touch and feel of things that seemed so REAL made the moment much calmer and easier to live in. The simplicity of it all compared to the other universes.

She sighed and puckered up her lips once more before turning to leave. She grabbed the jacket off the chair and diamond clutch purse.

Ever since the boys started getting money, they started to treat her and HB with fancy gifts. Boys would be boys, and she hoped they wouldn't get into the habit of spending too much.

Sometime she wished she could let the humans know when you have the capability of holding the world in your palm, it isn't that much of a fantastic feeling as you thought it was.

She slipped into a pair of high stilettoes, ones that made her five inches taller and opened the door. She left the small trailer. Most of the crew already off the grounds and on the stage, she tucked her arms into the sleeves and walked towards the stage across the other side of the field.

The wind whistled, the eerie night playing a tune with the wind. The moon was full, bleeding light across the field and casting shadows of the trees and trailers across.

She shoved her hands in her pockets, pieces of escaping strands flying past her cheeks. By the time she got to the stage building, her cheeks were numb and her legs were shaking. It was weird to finally the power of touch and feelings, but it was funny—because it was real.