"the ballpark"

I got a snapchat from Corey the next morning around 8.

I texted him back saying sure and where at.

Corey♡: the ballpark.

Me: okay I'll be there around 8:30.

I went to go get ready and put on a baseball outfit because I assumed we were playing baseball. I put on a tiny bit of makeup and drove to the ballpark.

I got put of the car and walked toward the field where I saw Corey with another guy and then a bunch of other guys that weren't with him.

"Hey doll, this is Benny Rodriguez. He's a good friend of mine." he said putting his arm around me.

"Nice to meet you." he said shaking my hand.

"So since I had to leave I thought I would spend some extra time teaching my girl how to play my favorite sport, baseball."

"Oh I know plenty about baseball. I was an all star." I said.

"Oh really? Well then let's just go ahead and play then."

He called all of the other guys that were out in the field to come and play.

Corey, me, Benny, Wil, and River were all on a team. Then Sodapop, Darry, Dally, Corey F., and Ponyboy were all on the other team.

I was up first and I swung the bat so hard that I got a homerun already.

Corey was so happy and was cheering, "that's my baby, that's my girl right there!"

When I got back to home base my team all gave me a group hug.

"Wow she's better than all of us and that's for being the only girl!" Benny said.

"Well what can I say I've had my practice." I laughed.

We continued the game and ended up winning.

"Hey can I have your snapchat? You seem like a really cool girl." Benny asked.

"Sure let me write it down."

I wrote it down on a piece of paper, gave everyone a hug and then Corey left with me since he walked.

"Why didn't you ever tell me you could play baseball?" Corey asked on the drive home.

"I didn't think it was that important." I said.

"Ya know I think Benny really likes you. He was smiling the whole time you were making all those home runs." Corey said chuckling.

"Are you saying that your jealous?" I said tickling him.

"No I'm glad he likes you. He doesn't like you like that though. I would tear him a new one if he did." he laughed.

I parked in front of his house and he got out and came to my rolled down window.

"Can you come over for a little while?" he asked.

"No Corey I have to go to work."

"Pleaseee." he said pouting his bottom lip.

"No baby maybe some other time."

"But I wanna give you that trophy you deserve."

"Haha Bye." I waved and drived off.

I walked into Adidas store that I worked at and I found Benny there looking at some shoes.

"Hey Benny what are you looking for?"

"Some new baseball shoes. Do you work here?" he asked.

"Yeah I just got here."

"Well can you act like your trying to find what size I am so you act like your doing your job when your actually talking to me?" he laughed.

"Okay sir, I'm going to measure you now." I joked.

As I was measuring his foot he said, "I'm really amazed of what you did out there on the field."

"Thanks haha Corey told me you couldn't stop smiling and that you really like me. I think he's a little jealous."

"Well I couldn't stop it just amazed me and I do really like you but I couldn't do that to Corey. He's my best bud."

"Well I actually should be getting to actual work now. I'll see you later Benny." I said.

"See ya." he waved.

7 hours later.

I finally arrived home from work. I put my house keys down on the table and grabbed something to eat. Then I went into my room and was on my phone.

I then got a snapchat from Benny.

I replied yes and then went on Netflix

I decided to watch The Sandlot and then went to bed having dreams about baseball and tomorrow's game.