I watch my friend as she holds herself gracefully. The young girl glides across the floor to meet with Capitol-lites she probably hates but she doesn't show it. Renée looks like she's done this a million times and she looks great doing it too. She finally glides over to myself and Preston.

"Hey. Sorry about that." She apologizes. "You look gorgeous and that dress is stunning."

"It's not problem. Besides this dress isn't as uncomfortable as it looks but I wouldn't say I looked gorgeous in it compared to you." I reply with an extra pinkness to my cheeks.

"I beg to differ. But anyway I just wanted to tell you guys that you looked cute together." Renée says before she scurries off.

Preston turns to me with a sparkle in his eyes. "Now that we've talked to Renée, why don't we dance?"

"Thats an excellent suggestion 11." I wink at my boyfriend as he gracefully leads me to the dance floor.

Preston places his left hand in mine and the other goes to hold me by the waist. He smiles at me as I put my free hand nicely on his shoulder. The Waltz starts to play so Preston and I redo the steps that Effie made us learn last night and today. We glide across the dance floor and I beam up at him and he beams down at me as we catch the attention of a few jealous victor-kid girls. I stare at his sparkling blue eyes and I'm mesmerized by the emotions swimming around in them. We get lost in each others eyes as another song starts to play and we dance to the beat.

I hear someone clear there throat before my stomach churns. I know exactly whose cutting in.

"May I cut in." The voice of the stomach churning president speaks up.

Preston knows he has no choice but to let him so we both plaster smiles on our faces. The president takes Preston's place and the once comforting position I was in now feels like a death hold. Snow and I dance for a few minutes before he speaks up.

"You and Mr Hanagan seem so in love." He smirks at me.

"Yes." I reply with an obviously fake smile.

"It would be a shame if something were to happen to him. Wouldn't it? Lets hope nothing happens." The President smirks at me before the song ends and I'm left frozen.

I glance around to make sure no one saw what happened but just my luck. My dad is staring at me with a sympathetic look. He knows what Snow's like. I robotically move my feet over to the wine and grab a glass of Chardonnay to loosen myself up. I grab a bowl and scoop up some cold raspberry soup. I sit at a table and sip on my wine and eat my delicious soup.

"You okay?" A familiarly comforting asks as the chair next to me gets filled.

"Peachy." I say as I smile and sip my wine.

"You know I'm not stupid right? I saw you freeze when Snow said something." Finn's green eyes stare deeply into my brown ones.

"It's nothing new." I shrug. "Just the same old thing." I smile to cover our conversation.

"Okay. Well I've got to go. Too many Capitol women to see and so little time, Mini Haymitch." Finn grimaces before turning away and leaving me to get swallowed by fear.

I decide to ignore my negative emotions for now and just have a good time. I leave my empty glass of Chardonnay. It's honestly a good thing to be Haymitch's daughter because I know how to hold my liquor.

I go over to where Haymitch is leant up against the doorframe with a glass of Scotch. I put my hand out to him with a smile and he gives me a rare heart warming smile and sets down his glass before taking my hand to walk with me to the dance floor. I dance with my father and just generally enjoy myself with him.