"Hey Henry," she said softly, putting her hand on his shoulder. "I'm heading out sweetheart. I have a million things I have to work on at the office," she told him.

"You're leaving?" Henry asked with a frown. Regina's heart broke, but nodded softly. "But you didn't even have cake" Henry tried to convince is mother to stay. She glanced quickly at Emma whose eyebrows were lifted inquisitively.

"Not in the mood for cake. And I have to have this work in by Monday. Why don't you stay with your mother and eat a cake" Regina said, feeling guilty for disappointing her son

To her surprised Henry's eyes lifted up. "OK. Come Mom. Let's eat some cake" he said grabbing Emma's hands.

"Go on. I'll be right there. Let me say by to your mother" Emma pulled her hands out his grip as he nodded.

Once the Henry had left, Killian turned to Regina, "You're working at your office this evening, love?" he asked his face confused

"I am," she told him, her voice short. She avoided making eye contact with him still, he had a way to make her forget every resolve. Especially when he looked like a giant puppy when he was confused.

"It's pretty late," he said.

"Yes," was her only reply.

"What's going on?" Emma asked. "You two are acting strange."

"Nothing at all is going on," she looked at Killian as she said that. He looked taken back, his mind trying to figure out what in the hell he had done wrong.

"Allow me take you to your office" was all Killian said.

"If you wish Hook" Regina watched his eyes.

He looked hurt and worried that he didn't know what he did wrong. Once they started dating, Regina has never once called him Hook. Unless she was upset with him. Killian simply nodded and walked away towards the door.

"Goodnight," Emma told them both, as Regina took her leave. "Too you as well" She replied. Her steps grew a bit quicker when she heard Killian calling out her name.

***

Regina sat in her chair. Trying to focus on the papers on budget for building new houses in Storybrooke. But she couldn't keep her mind on one man and her feelings fir him. They were inseparable these past 3 months. Getting and growing closer and closer each and every single day. She liked the intimate relationship and sex with Killian was by far the best. But with that her fear grew more.

She was afraid Killian would realize he won't want to be with the Evil Queen and reject her. She feared she would need everything up between them as she could. She was scared that she would lose him.... Just like Daniel.

She cared for him deeply. Letting him wonder through every inch if her thoughts. Her mind even teased her with the L word. Whenever that word floated into her subconscious, she'd immediately push it away. It was too soon,and yet it was all her heart desired.

Her damn heart, she hadn't faced this problem when she was without it. She tried once again to refocus on the budget when all of a sudden the door to her office flew open.

She jumped in surprise and quickly her mood both soured and rejoiced to see Killian standing there. She choose to channel the negative emotion, fear always seemed to win out. "Don't you know how to knock?" she growled.

"You wouldn't have allowed me to enter Queenie," he told her bluntly. A fire lit in his eyes.

Regina glanced at Killian and quickly looked away. Fidgeting with things on her desk to keep her hands busy. "Why are you here? I told you I had work to do....," she winced at how vulnerable her voice came out sounding.