"Sometimes we don't get what we're looking for." I reply and he nods.

"So, where does this friend-boy live?" He asks me after chucking my apple in the bin.

"I, uh, don't really know." I sheepishly reply and Kyle groans.

"Well that really helps. Do you know where he lives near?" Kyle asks, grasping at straws and I nod.

"He lives near a bridge, if that helps." I offer and his eyes light up again.

"There are only two bridges in Woodford, we just have to figure out which one he lives near," Kyle grins and I grin back. And this time, when he offers me his hand, I take it.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"Okay, so this is the first bridge." Kyle says after a long and tiring walk past a skatepark, another grocery store and a few small shops.

"Well, I'm not too sure which bridge he lives at..." I mutter and glance around. "There's a 50% chance he could live near here."

"What's his name? I might know where he loves." Kyle asks, turning to me and it's only then I notice the massive height difference. He's around the same height as Shane, to be honest, maybe even slightly taller.

"Uh, his name's Shane." I reply and Kyle's eyes widen.

"As in Shane Turner? The Shane Turner?" He splutters out and my eyebrows furrow.

"I guess so? Black hair, tall, blue-green eye-" I begin to list off his different qualities and Kyle interrupts me.

"Yeah, yeah that's definitely Shane Turner. Where the hell did you meet him?" He asks and I shrug.

"Just some website," I reply vaguely and Kyle snorts.

"Bet it was Grindr," he mumbles but I hear it and punch him hard on the arm. "Ow," he hisses and I smile innocently.

"Watch your words around me Kyle," I sneer and he mocks me childishly.

"He lives this way," Kyle begins to lead me away from the bridge and down a street almost directly across it. "So is it true that his sister killed himself? Ow!" He cries out when I slap the back of his head.

"Don't be an insensitive prick." I bark at him and he frowns.

"Sorry, I was just curious..." He trails off and bites his lip. "You really love him, don't you?"

"I do..." I whisper out, tears pricking the backs of my eyes. "But I don't know if he loves me back..."

"I'm sure he does," Kyle tries to reassure me but he doesn't know what I've done.

No, come on. It's not your fault.

I see your good side is taking lead again. At least I'm still here. Mia is very very upset, you haven't been a good girl. You're gaining weight again.

It's good for you. You're not meant to be that skinny. You're beautiful.

Then why did Shane leave?