Chapter sixteen: The coranation

I woke up early in the morning a jump in my step as I looked down at the rose gold band around my ring finger. I walked to the door when I heard a knock, opening the door to see maya with a dress bag in hand and other servants holding all the other things she would need for getting me ready. While maya sat down the dress another drew a bath and then on started setting up the supplies. It was utter chaos. I walked into the bath room and closed the door only for maya to open it and start to undress me.
" I can clean myself you know." I said trying to keep my night gown on.
" you best via operate young lady this is an important day. After some struggle I finally gave in. I stepped into the tub and let maya clean me up. After she was done at least a layer of my skin was rubbed off and I smelt of lemongrass and chocolate. Wrapped in a robe I was taken over to a stylist who would do my hair. He trimmed off the ends and then started to curl it. After he was done someone else put makeup on me. Once everything was done a blind fold was placed over my eyes and I was guided into my dress and shoes. Finally after hours of work I was done. The blind fold was taken off to reveal a girl in the mirror that didn't even look like me. My hair was placed perfectly over my shoulders and I was wearing a beautiful light blue silk dress with little gold details. I stood with my mouth open until maya gently pushed it closed and guided me out the door and to the coronation. I walked into a room and waited by the door as told. I felt anxious and couldn't help but step from foot to foot and twist my ring on the finger. About 5 minutes later Jacob walked in. I smiled as he kissed me on the cheek and stood beside me. Soon a choir was singing and we were up at the front were the king and queen stood ready to do the cerimony. I stood to the side as thhe King spoke.
" prince Jacob of Salvadora please state the coranation paragraph." The king said.
"Ik Jacob Salvadora beloof om de taken van de koning fufill en zweren om te doen wat in het beste belang van mijn koninkrijk . Ik zal dragen de kroon met eer mijn volk te respecteren met zorg en altijd denken voordat ik een beslissing nemen. ik beloof om het evenwicht met mijn koninkrijk en anderen, zodat de dood mij deel doen te houden." Jacob said as if he knew the words by heart which he probally did. After he finished he turned around to his parents and bowed his head until the golden crown was placed atop his head. The crowd clapped and chanted
" long live king Jacob!" I joined in the chanted smiling and clapping my hands. Once the crowd calmed down it was my turn. I walked to the center of the stage in front of the king and queen.
" Haden, do you promise to fulfill the duties of queen and stand along side the king?" I heard Jacobs father say as I looked down at my feet.
" yes, I promise." I replied looking up at the queen you gave me a warm smile.
" to protect you kingdom and do everything you do in the best interest of the people?"
"Yes."
" then I now declare you, Queen Haden of salvadora.